372xp BB KITS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe all of the visible scoring was from the initial assembly/startup/run in that wasn't lubricated enough. Maybe nothing more has worn on it since then.

The wear is on the skirt only, and it doesn't look like it is wear from an overheating event.

My guess is this either happened on the initial startups or from foreign material during or directly after assembly or non-filtered intake air.

Any chance that a bit of the sealant used in place of the base gasket could have let loose and caused it? It looks like there are some "blobs" showing up inside the case...

Bearings where brand new oem but doesn't mean couldn't have been a bad one but I didn't feel anything last night when spinning over by hand. I'm thinking it was trash from rebuild. I'll clean it up and run the piss out of her

Any chance that a bit of the sealant used in place of the base gasket could have let loose and caused it? It looks like there are some "blobs" showing up inside the case...
Could have I suppose. First time using moto seal It makes a mess for sure

Back