372xp or ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is 441 a significant no i seem to remember someone with wojo in their title leaving AS on 441 posts? lol
in the UK a 441 is only £30 more than a 361
Easy way to pick, Toss a coin

Again I ask, what does "better quality in construction" mean??? Either state whats better about the 441 or dont, this generic statement means nothing.

Just because the 441 costs more doesnt mean you Stihl have to justify the premium you paid by saying "its just better quality"

Dollar for dollar the 372 wins IMO. It has a much better track record and a better power to weight ratio. The 441 will cost you $75-$100 more I bet and you get nothing for your money except to say "I own a Stihl"

What he said. they are both good saws no doubt, but why pay a premium for a name?

my roommate has been running a 440 an a 441 all day building log homes for just over a year now. he just bought a 372xpw a couple weeks ago and he likes it way more than the 440 and 441. he actualy likes the 440 more then the 441.

wise man.

:givebeer:

Again I ask, what does "better quality in construction" mean??? Either state whats better about the 441 or dont, this generic statement means nothing.

THALL, Freakinstang, Cut4Fun and Hoss have all stated that Stihl's are better built.

Lakeside has said it a few times as well.

THALL, Freakinstang, Cut4Fun and Hoss have all stated that Stihl's are better built.

Lakeside has said it a few times as well.

Some of them are Stihl dealers, and some others may be biased as well......:givebeer: :givebeer:

The weight difference is large enough to be decisive alone!!!!!

Last edited:
Some of them are Stihl dealers, and some others may be biased as well......:givebeer: :givebeer:

The weight difference is large enough to be decisive alone!!!!!

biased? on what account? Becaue I run all of them?

I started life as a husky guy. Thought they were the best thing since sliced bread......well, until I ran other brands.

Besides, I'm the Dolmar guy remember....I'd still pick a 7900 over the choices.

But in general, the stihl saws are built to handle the abuse. The husky are nice saws, they just need finessed a little more. Definately more huskys in the broke pile at my logger dealers than the S brand....

lol Mr Wojo. Nice try. You just stirred a hornets nest. Get the MS441, much better saw in quality of construction. :spam:

Hmmmm... WOJO.... Where have we heard that name before?

Seeing your being picky... the 372 has longer track record, not better.

Wojo, if you are being serious, go try both. And try using search... ;)

is 441 a significant no i seem to remember someone with wojo in their title leaving AS on 441 posts? lol
in the UK a 441 is only £30 more than a 361
Easy way to pick, Toss a coin

2nd chance?

Isn't the 441 about 14.5 lbs. Thats about a pound heavier than the 372.You will notice the difference if you put a 7-8 hour day cutting.I can notice the difference in my 262 and 357 when I put a good day in and thats only about a half a pound.

My dealer sells and services both, I liked both brands, each had there pros/cons but when I asked the question I got the answer
Definately more huskys in the broke pile
Just as Freakingstang put it.

Isn't the 441 about 14.5 lbs. Thats about a pound heavier than the 372.You will notice the difference if you put a 7-8 hour day cutting.I can notice the difference in my 262 and 357 when I put a good day in and thats only about a half a pound.

In fact it is less, if bar&chain + amount of fluids are the same, but I guess it usually isn't.....:)

According to the independent reports of DLG and KWF, the 262 powerhead actually are a tad lighter than the 357 one.

Last edited:

Just because the 441 costs more doesnt mean you Stihl have to justify the premium you paid by saying "its just better quality"

Dollar for dollar the 372 wins IMO. It has a much better track record and a better power to weight ratio. The 441 will cost you $75-$100 more I bet and you get nothing for your money except to say "I own a Stihl"

Every Husky I have run and checked out has a lot more plastic and some covers and such dont seem to line up as good as they should. Case point being my boss's new 357xp. Also even though the 372 dont, most Husky's have outboard clutches, which many hate, including me.

LOL I like how track record means so much to Stihl owners when talking about the obsolete 260, but when it refers to a new Stihl model then a documented track record is not very impressive.

I guess I am just ornery today but I get irritated when I see the same baseless statements thrown around over and over again just for the sake of saying something.

I need to get outside

My post wasnt "baseless statements thrown around over and over again just for the sake of saying something." Also , dont jump me just because I am picking on your beloved Huskys. The 441 IS better put together than a 372, and I guarantee others will agree. Ask Mr THall, he owns both.

Reincarnation?

Phoenix?

Coincidence?

Identity theft?

Inquiring minds want to know......:D

I'll ask him. He's putting together an order for me right now.

I don't know who the other wojo guy is that you guys might be getting me confused with, but I didn't come here to start any arguments or anything nor do i wan't to bash any brand of saw. stihl is a great saw thats why i was asking how the 372xp stacks up against the ms441 because i'm torn between which one to buy. the ms441 with a 20" bar is $70.00 more then the 372xp with a 24" bar and 2 chisel chains.

I don't know who the other wojo guy is that you guys might be getting me confused with, but I didn't come here to start any arguments or anything nor do i wan't to bash any brand of saw. stihl is a great saw thats why i was asking how the 372xp stacks up against the ms441 because i'm torn between which one to buy. the ms441 with a 20" bar is $70.00 more then the 372xp with a 24" bar and 2 chisel chains.

This is a normal brand thread for Arboristsite. Happens every time. :cheers:

Back