372xp vs MS 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrRecurve

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have used both extensively and tend to favour the husky for its comfort levels.

Which saw do you think is the best?

i agree with timberhauler.

it's personal prefference.if that doesn't help,go with the closest dealer and dealer attitude.both great saws.

you can nit pick both brands to death but they make the best saws in the industry.the both have most markets covered so it's really up to what the consumer is happiest with and ease of service and parts availability.i like both but i have more huskies.both have their great models and not so great models and the EPA is going to affect everyone eventually.alot of the stihl dealers have attitudes around here but there are a couple of good ones and they get my business.there are two huskie dealers here i cannot stand,i don't darken their doors. 2 of them carry both so i just try and spread the wealth around.i like supporting small business so i try to visit all the dealers i have had good experiences with.

I currently run a 372, and my mate runs a 440, side by side I think (grudgingly) his has the edge. Well, it did until I put an 8 rim on mine, but now he's putting a bigger sprocket on the 440, so we'll see. both excellent saws tho all the same, and as has been said already, too close to call!!

Latest posts

Back