372xp with 272 piston in BB kit.... Yes it will work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davebull

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
[SUP][/SUP]
Just finished rebuilding my 372 with a 272 piston in a bigbore kit, had the use 2 base gaskets so the saw would turn over
Other mods include a 372 xtorq carb which is larger than the standard one to cope with the 76cc's
View attachment 300660

The xtorq carb seems give better throttle response compared to the older carbs, haven't had a chance to cut with it yet it might go....KAPOW!!!!

It would also depend on the amount of material in the top of the piston and the distance from the top ring land to the top of the piston.

Just wanted to see how many people would invest the time to write it down. Motocross! I used to do that in the late 60s and early to mid 70s What kind of bike do you race? 125, 250 or open? My experience was open Husqvarna 400s and 360GPs.

When I was serious racing I was on a rmz250f with all the engine and suspension work that could be done. Sold it off and bought a bone stock yz125 and sent the motor to Eric gorr for his porting and 144 kit. Super fun bike. I have since put mx to the side but with a little boy due in late July I'm sure I will pick it back up soon. As in sure you know, it's a hard sport to quit completely.

Do you have access to a lathe? Just cut a popup in that piston and ditch the extra gasket. You'll gain compression and a little intake duration.

No... I haven't measured squish I see myself as abit of a gambling man, but I reckon it would be just about kissing. I think I go with what your saying brad and cut a popup, I was thinking of taking 1.25mm of the top of the piston the width of the squish band and not running any gaskets?... But what is the width of the squish band?:confused2:

I'll pull it down today and check for any damage and post some more pics

The width of the squish band to cut in the piston?

Look at the width of the squish band in the head?

The width of the squish band to cut in the piston?

Look at the width of the squish band in the head?

My eyes aren't measuring devices......:laugh: I was hoping for a figure someone already has, I haven't got the tools to measure.

I think I'll just take the lot to my machine shop and they can work it out

Dam iPad, stupid upside down photos:bang:
You might have to stand on your head to view some of these...

I can sure see the squish band in that cylinder head

Did you pull the divider out of the carb? Only reason I ask is the one in the a/f holder wasn't cut out.

Back