372xp x-torq pic heavy and vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your 372xp is power tuned?

Also, if you're looking for more nut get a squirrel.

Ya, Still have not figured out what that means. Limiter caps were pulled is the only thing I can figure.

Couple squirrels in the last tree I fell. Little dizzy after they hit the ground.

I'm pretty sure they do the muffler, exhaust port, piston and carb.

In that case, someone threw a sticker on this one. Exhaust, ports, and piston were in factory form. Would like to see one they have done. Any members have one?

The X-torq's idle sounds just like my 441 did stock(probably something to do with the fact they are both strato saws. I loved the way it sounded. Now it sounds a little different at idle and a lot different ant WOT. LOL

The X-torq's idle sounds just like my 441 did stock(probably something to do with the fact they are both strato saws. I loved the way it sounded. Now it sounds a little different at idle and a lot different ant WOT. LOL
Going to let this one break in before I play with the muffler. Good to hear, I had a feeling they would sound a little different with a mod.

I am glad they run well but I like my originals.

Well said Rope, I agree. I just have this problem....If they build it, I have to buy it LOL

Going to let this one break in before I play with the muffler. Good to hear, I had a feeling they would sound a little different with a mod.

Well said Rope, I agree. I just have this problem....If they build it, I have to buy it LOL

I does sound good I hope it kicks as much as the old ones and is dependable as they are.

Nice videos. Now it makes me want to get one of them to try against the 576. Or maybe a 2272 when they get here.

Well, what does it say on the starter cover label? :)

It says 372xp in large letters and at the bottom right is x-torq in very small letters LOL. Marketing marketing marketing HA.

I took a sharpie and added NE to the bottom of my 346xp label :)

Nice videos. Now it makes me want to get one of them to try against the 576. Or maybe a 2272 when they get here.

Very interested in how they stack up! This saw pulls pretty good but I have not yet run a 576xp.

Mines not stock either so it won't be fair unless the 372 is modded or get a stock 576 to compare to.

It says 372xp in large letters and at the bottom right is x-torq in very small letters LOL. Marketing marketing marketing HA.

I took a sharpie and added NE to the bottom of my 346xp label :)

Looks like XP XT could be it then - not that I really care.....:)

was it me or did those pictures show removeable covers on the transfer ports?:biggrinbounce2:

Yes, It looks like they are taking what they learned in the 359 cylinder manufacture. The processes look the same. I believe Spike had a pic of the cylinder off the saw in his thread.

Alright since you've got both. Which would you pick if they're both new at a dealer? I like a saw with more torque personally as I'm heavy handed. Fuel usage doesn't matter to me as I'm used to feeding 90cc saws. It looks to me even without being broke in the x torq are real strong out of the box.

Last edited:
Alright since you've got both. Which would you pick if they're both new at a dealer? I like a saw with more torque personally as I'm heavy handed. Fuel usage doesn't matter to me as I'm used to feeding 90cc saws. It looks to me even without being broke in the x torq are real strong out of the box.

327xp OE for the simple reason it is proven and would have a higher resale. Although I believe this XT will be stronger after break in and it will probably hold up just fine. Heck I'll take one of each....Is that an option?

Back