372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my 372 for 2+ years and with a 51 and a 394, it's really my go to saw...it's a perfect size, light weight, doesn't gobble gas, and races through most stuff, with a 24" bar no problem. I've put on aftermarket cylinders on 2 that I sold, Farmer Tec is chinese stuff, seemed fine. But I will say you can get decent cyls on Baileys for $100 on sale I think. I can pull a 372 cyl in 10 mins, and they're so easy to work on, I wouldn't be without one. A 94/95 is very big and heavy and loud, but ya need it sometimes. And the 51 for limbing is so great, light, easy on gas, quick...

If you're handy, watch for a 'parts' saw on Ebay, grab it, then fix it...or try a Huztl on Ebay, from Hong Kong, they have assemblies, and full saws, take your pick, not bad prices, and fun to build one yourself. It's really easy.

Why people buy new is beyond me, unless of course, you really run a lot, then I can see it...to each his own. At $1200 ea for a 95 and $800 for a 72, I know why I picked up my 72 on Ebay for 250...

It's pretty tough this time of year to get a deal on a 372. Folks are gearing up for the spring cut. I gave up trying to buy a 372 parts saw on fleabay to rebuild because they were going so high. Should have looked earlier in the winter. Tax refunds have folks saw shopping as well. Flip thru the saws on the Trading Post. Most are great guys to deal with and they are fair and honest about the condition of their saws. Much more so than fleabay.

Yes I sold my xtorq 2015 a monthago and picked up a nice 2010 372xp that ran ok for $212.00 plastic is nice but compression was a little low so I ordered a new xpw 75cc kit from my dealer for $130.00, old cylinder was clean and I could have gotten away with ring set I believe but I always wanted to try an xpw kit and with prices lower figured why not. Kit comes in tomorrow, can't wait

Latest posts

Back