372XPW - it is HERE!!! New saw - pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

like this. i kinda like 3/4 wrap, is this a 3/4 wrap

Lol my bad - chips, not dust! :buttkick: Dust and I will be sharpening my chain - chips and we are all good!! :clap:

That new saw runs GOOD man!! :clap: Was makin' some good chips 'n' noodles there this afternoon!! :rock: I might just have to pick up a 372XP or XPW myself, before the EPA makes them go away!! Definitely a sweet saw!! Congrats!!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Well - stopped by the dealer today - and lo and behold - my new saw was in!! Seems like everyone here likes the picture posts..... so I figured I would post up a few pics of the new sawdust-maker! :clap:

attachment.php

Looks really good - except for the full wrap handle (unless you really need it)........:givebeer:

...and the ramps in front of the rakers on that chain look way too large - it surely isn't an Oregon, I guess it is a Carlton (don't know how the Windsor variety looks).

Last edited:
Looks really good - except for the full wrap handle (unless you really need it)........:givebeer:

...and the ramps in front of the rakers on that chain look way too large - it surely isn't an Oregon, I guess it is a Carlton (don't know how the Windsor variety looks).

The XPW comes with the full wrap.... and... I THINK the chain thats on it now, is actually a Husky chain. Its somewhat of a safety chain I think, with those humps that you pointed out.

The XPW comes with the full wrap.... and... I THINK the chain thats on it now, is actually a Husky chain. Its somewhat of a safety chain I think, with those humps that you pointed out.

I know about the handle - but the ramps are not that large on a Husky/Oregon chain - or maybe it is just the angle and lighting in the pics (I don't think so - the shape is different as well).....:popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:
Well thats guys its a great saw. I did not get to cut to much today. just ran is a little bit cutting some cherry firewood. As Far as comparing to the 460 its a night and day deference. Its so worth the money. If anyone is thinking about it I would say do it!!:clap::clap: Out the Door I payed $748.00. So its going to be a life time saw for me so its totally worth buying it!! I was really surprised how light it really is. So ya if you are thinking about it all I have to say is DO IT!!! :rock::rock:

Well - stopped by the dealer today - and lo and behold - my new saw was in!! Seems like everyone here likes the picture posts..... so I figured I would post up a few pics of the new sawdust-maker! :clap:

attachment.php

Great choice, your going to love it.
Got mine for Baileys just before they stopped internet sales.
I hear that Spike still has some instock too!

Great choice, your going to love it.
Got mine for Baileys just before they stopped internet sales.
I hear that Spike still has some instock too!

YA man great saw. What size Bar are you running??? I have a 24" for everyday and a 32 if I get into big stuff.:chainsaw:

YA man great saw. What size Bar are you running??? I have a 24" for everyday and a 32 if I get into big stuff.:chainsaw:

18 or 20", for larger stuff I use a 28" bar. This coming weekend the saw will be using 16", 60dl's and square ground chain. I need to make 3 cuts Fast!

Freyboy23 did your saw come with a 8 pin sprocket?
Mine had one on but it may have been put on when the saw went to McClurd Pa. for a visit.

18 or 20", for larger stuff I use a 28" bar. This coming weekend the saw will be using 16", 60dl's and square ground chain. I need to make 3 cuts Fast!

Freyboy23 did your saw come with a 8 pin sprocket?
Mine had one on but it may have been put on when the saw went to McClurd Pa. for a visit.

Hey man to be honest I did not look. I will have to check tomorrow and let you know. Do you have a muffler mod done to your 372xpw? just wondering.

I know about the handle - but the ramps are not that large on a Husky/Oregon chain - or maybe it is just the angle and lighting in the pics (I don't think so - the shape is different as well).....:popcorn::popcorn:

Sawtroll - you were right! We looked close at it today - and that chain on the saw in the picture, is a "Total" brand chain good eyes man lol you've got rep :popcorn:

Hey man to be honest I did not look. I will have to check tomorrow and let you know. Do you have a muffler mod done to your 372xpw? just wondering.

Its a 7-pin on it :cheers: I looked today :clap:

Sawtroll - you were right! We looked close at it today - and that chain on the saw in the picture, is a "Total" brand chain good eyes man lol you've got rep :popcorn:

Its a 7-pin on it :cheers: I looked today :clap:

SawTroll gets the chain ID award! He needs some rep. He's been stuck at one spot for awhile.......

Well get a 8 pin on that new saw, you'll feel the difference.
I had my saw ported by Dozer Dan.
Going to run it against other ported saws this weekend at the Ohio GTG.

Very nice - best of luck with the new saw. :clap:

But, you better take it back to the dealer cause your front handle is bent. :hmm3grin2orange:

SawTroll gets the chain ID award! He needs some rep. He's been stuck at one spot for awhile.......

Well get a 8 pin on that new saw, you'll feel the difference.
I had my saw ported by Dozer Dan.
Going to run it against other ported saws this weekend at the Ohio GTG.

Good luck at the Ohio GTG - as far as I know that saw has prooven itself before!

Ya I was running my saw again today. I was just like man that thing runs good. Cant believe how much much faster it cuts that the 460!!:clap::clap::cheers::givebeer:

Latest posts

Back