385XP for sale. about a year old and in good condition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
This is a friend of mine. He ran a tree service and bought this in March 05. It was made in late 04. It has been run, but has had more time riding in the truck box. He uses a lot of 395xp's and 372xp's. This was not used much so it is being sold. It has approximately 50-100 hours, probably being closer to 50.

The most noticable things are: The dent in the top of the muffler. he did not run the felling dawgs (spikes) on the saw and must have caught the muffler on stump. there is also some paint wear on the front of the case below the muffler where the saw would make contact without the spikes. This saw has never been smashed, just a ding in the muffler. There is a tiny chip in the clutch cover and a couple scuffs on the top covers. The pics make them worse than they actually are. nothing mechanically wrong with the saw. Saw runs great and has a ton of compression. I will put a gauge on it before it is sold.

Saw comes with a 28" bar that is almost new, used to fell and buck one tree. Comes with two 28" full comp chains: one chain that has been sharpened once, and one brand new chain. Also comes with a fairly new 20" bar and two chains, one half used chain and one brand new chain. All chains are full chisel.

Saw runs great, has absolutely no issuses other than the chip in the clutch cover, and the dented muffler. neither of which cause any problems, just don't look the prettiest.

He is looking to get around 500 out of this saw, it cost him almost 900. This saw is cleaner than the pics show it. if I didn't have so many saws in this size range, i would buy it, but I don't have a used for another big saw. Would make someone a great stump saw, entry level milling saw, or a big firewood powerhouse.

I have checked this saw over, and haven't found anything to be majorly wrong. I cut with it for a little over an hour with no problems whatsoever. I would not list it on here if it were not a good running saw.

PM me or email me at [email protected]

attachment.php

Last edited:
stipton

stipton

ArboristSite Member
Wow, sweet saw. Would have been real intrested if you would have posted a couple weeks earlier as "Santa" brought me a new one.

I dont think you will have a problem selling this workhorse. Good luck.