390xp opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very happy with mine . Mind you, I'm just a firewood cutter,so the 390 for me is overkill.
It wears a 24" bar. I grab it first when doing a load of logs.
If you decide to buy one, I doubt that You'll regret it.

Love mine. Its modded like everything else i own:biggrin::hmm3grin2orange:. It will eat anything i throw at it without issue and ask for more when finished. Highly recommend it.

What do you want the saw for, what size wood? I really like mine, I can use it for just about anything. I have a 20", 24" and 28" bars for it and am looking for a 36". It pulls the 28" with a full comp chain no problem as a stock saw with a M/M. CJ

372 or 576 was the saw I was looking for at first, but with the power/ weight of the 390 I changed my mind.
I'll have 20 and 24" bar and hope to use it for everything.

We have three 390's we use day after day logging hardwood and we haven't had to much to complain about. An employee blew one up running the saw dull and against the rev limiter for weeks on end. Fired the guy and put a new top end on the saw and we are good to go. Other than that just routine stuff like bolts vibrating out, muffler cracks, and few kill switches. I usually pull the muffler mount bolts and the felling dawg bolts out right away and loctite them. It will save you some hassle in the long run.

As far as bar lengths go we usually run 24's with 8 pin sprockets. I have a 28" bar with a full comp chain that I use when needed and the 390 does the job with ease.

Actually I like the 390xp's so much I have a brand new spare on the shelf just to look at.

Good luck with yours. I think you will be more than satisfied.

I have ordered one, but it wasn't easy because they don't sell it in Sweden. IMO very strange.

So how did you get to order yours, from the US or how?

Excellent. I believe you will be very happy. :msp_thumbup: BTW, thats very stange indeed.....

Really strange indeed, since they list and sell it in Norway - and have been for a long time. :msp_wink:

All saw brands has very strange holes in their line-up in Sweden:

Husqvarna does not sell: 359, 365, 385, 390, and for the moment there seems to be no 555 or 562. A temporary lot of the 359 is actually sold at a very attractive price here right now, but it's the first time I've seen it here - ever!

Jonsered does not sell: 2165, and they seem to take turns each year between selling 2186, 2188 - or neither. No new Huskys in Jonsered colours has been seen, so the 2245, 2250 and 2255 are still the latest models presented.

Stihl does not sell: 270, 290, 310, 460. The 241 is new this year (of course), because the 240 hasn't been seen since the spotted owl disappeared.

Dolmar, Makita, Tanaka, Echo and whatever more there is has a complete hole as their whole line-up...

We do have Stiga quite commonly though, but I guess it's not that well known outside Sweden...

It's a mystery to me why they're not even offered on request here, since most models sells decently outside Sweden...

Phew! I almost decided to cancel my 390 and order a 372 instead.
I have two 359 with 18" bar but I will not walk that much with the big one.

Back