390xp opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:waaaht:

OK, that's as good a method as any I guess! Wish I would have thought of that a few years ago when I tried to buy a 372 after they stopped selling it here. That time I got helped out by an AS member in US, since no dealer I talked to here wanted to try get one for me. Seems now they were a bit silly then since they're back and all over the place now...

Good woman that Ewa, did she seem to be marriage material in other ways too..?

i don't know about the 390 but i finally gave my 372xp a workout today and it is sweet

So how did you get to order yours, from the US or how?

All saw brands has very strange holes in their line-up in Sweden:

Husqvarna does not sell: 359, 365, 385, 390, and for the moment there seems to be no 555 or 562. A temporary lot of the 359 is actually sold at a very attractive price here right now, but it's the first time I've seen it here - ever!

Jonsered does not sell: 2165, and they seem to take turns each year between selling 2186, 2188 - or neither. No new Huskys in Jonsered colours has been seen, so the 2245, 2250 and 2255 are still the latest models presented.

Stihl does not sell: 270, 290, 310, 460. The 241 is new this year (of course), because the 240 hasn't been seen since the spotted owl disappeared.

Dolmar, Makita, Tanaka, Echo and whatever more there is has a complete hole as their whole line-up...

We do have Stiga quite commonly though, but I guess it's not that well known outside Sweden...

It's a mystery to me why they're not even offered on request here, since most models sells decently outside Sweden...

The 562xp isn't here either, and I have no problem with that, since I got a 560xpg. The 555 is supposed to be here as well (and for a longer time), but I have never actually seen one - I guess the interest in that model isn't too great here, like with the 359 and 365? I have never seen a 570 offered, even in the catalog - and have no problem at all with that! :smile2:

Regarding Stihl, the ones that I have never seen offered is the 290, 310 and the 440 - the 460 disappeard from the catalog this year, after being listed along with the 441 some years. The 270 was only offered for a couple of years (2003-2004), before it was displaced by the 280, and the 230 was only listed for a very short time, but then it was replacing the 210......

Thinking about it real hard I can maybe understand that skipping one model that's not expected to sell real well might be saving on cost for storage and distribution of spare parts, maybe some on training the mechanics as well, but this juggling with models back and fourth ruins even that reason in my book... ANd since so many parts are usually used for several models it can't be a lot to save on that plan to begin with...

Thinking about it real hard I can maybe understand that skipping one model that's not expected to sell real well might be saving on cost for storage and distribution of spare parts, maybe some on training the mechanics as well, but this juggling with models back and fourth ruins even that reason in my book... ANd since so many parts are usually used for several models it can't be a lot to save on that plan to begin with...
In Norway, it looks like Stihl didn't really think the 440 was competetive to the 372xp, so they offered only the 460 in the 70+cc class. :msp_confused:

Are you 390xp-owners satisfied with your machine and what barzize do you have?

Yes, 24" bar.

Does the 390 cuts faster than the 372 with a 20" bar?

It is my experience that a 390 with a 24" bar buried in Oak cuts as fast as a 372 cuts with a 20" bar buried in Oak. I wouldn't waste a 390 by using a 20" bar on it.

:waaaht:

OK, that's as good a method as any I guess! Wish I would have thought of that a few years ago when I tried to buy a 372 after they stopped selling it here. That time I got helped out by an AS member in US, since no dealer I talked to here wanted to try get one for me. Seems now they were a bit silly then since they're back and all over the place now...

Good woman that Ewa, did she seem to be marriage material in other ways too..?

When did they stop selling the 372xp in Sweden, they never did here? :msp_confused:

Man, all this talk about 390's I just went ahead and bought one. :hmm3grin2orange: Cant wait till she arrives in all her glory.......:biggrin:

Excellent. I believe you will be very happy. :msp_thumbup: BTW, thats very stange indeed.....

It IS strange. Do they sell it in the Jonsered version? Fords most popular midsize car abroad, the Mondeo, isn't sold in the US. Instead we only get the Mazda version(Mazda 6, aka 626).

The 390xp is one of the best saws out there, period.

I usually don't use any dawgs at all on my saws, except for the small original one on the 372xpg - but I mostly cut birch. :smile2:

Some guys use them, some don't, some take them off. Which I don't understand. They protect the saw from being against the tree. And obviously they provide leverage for increased cutting speed, which I am a fan of considering I get paid by production.- I cut all hardwood: cherry, sugar maple, red maple, black birch, beech, red oak, white oak, and a few others. I am not sure it matters what you cut dogs are handy.

excellent. I believe you will be very happy. :msp_thumbup: Btw, thats very stange indeed.....
maclaren, was busy an let time get away.when good time 2 call an i will unless honey-dos and yes dear are n order,when i get big enuff i am gonna change my username, i let let u kno.

maclaren, was busy an let time get away.when good time 2 call an i will unless honey-dos and yes dear are n order,when i get big enuff i am gonna change my username, i let let u kno.

No worries. Just call when its convienent for you.

Man, all this talk about 390's I just went ahead and bought one. :hmm3grin2orange: Cant wait till she arrives in all her glory.......:biggrin:

What do you do and how do you do it?? Lol that's a lotta new saws recently!!! :D
And don't mention where you bought it, they don't be needing any trouble from a sale involving shipping a new saw..... ;)

What do you do and how do you do it?? Lol that's a lotta new saws recently!!! :D
And don't mention where you bought it, they don't be needing any trouble from a sale involving shipping a new saw..... ;)

Private seller..... :hmm3grin2orange: for cheaper than a 562xp......

It IS strange. Do they sell it in the Jonsered version? Fords most popular midsize car abroad, the Mondeo, isn't sold in the US. Instead we only get the Mazda version(Mazda 6, aka 626).

The 390xp is one of the best saws out there, period.

Private seller..... :hmm3grin2orange: for cheaper than a 562xp......

I had a seemingly good offer on a 390xpg less than one year old, a couple of years ago - but the seller never answered my question regarding what use it actually had been subjected to. He never answered that question at all actually, so I just scrapped the idea! :smile2:

I had a seemingly good offer on a 390xpg less than one year old, a couple of years ago - but the seller never answered my question regarding what use it actually had been subjected to. He never answered that question at all actually, so I just scrapped the idea! :smile2:

That was a wise move! :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back