390xp opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watch out guys. paul's going to buy up all the nice huskys it looks like. he got me to give up one of mine not too long ago hehehehe:hmm3grin2orange:

heres mine :msp_razz:

attachment.php

That was a wise move! :msp_thumbup:

I mainly asked because the 3/8" PMX setup on the saw didn't match his story about clearing large trees from a building site - that set-up is mostly used for either log-house building or milling, here in Norway - certainly not for felling!.

When did they stop selling the 372xp in Sweden, they never did here? :msp_confused:

My memory does not cooperate fully today, but judging from when I bought my 372 (Feb. 2008), I'd say it was gone from the dealers here from around mid or late 2007 or maybe even from the beginning of 2008 and a year or so onwards. And you're right about it not disappearing in Norway, as I remember it was only in Sweden! Well, and of course in US where it disappeared, came back, went again only to comeback again - so many times I don't think anybody could tell when it has been available and when not any more...

I been thinking all night and morning and this is what I will do:
Get a 390 with 24" bar and a 372 with 20".
What do you think of that!

Thats beautiful man. I had the same idea. Only difference is mine will be a 30" Tsumura and not a 32.

That looks good young. Paul you got a 28" techlite that will fit it too. :msp_thumbsup:

I been thinking all night and morning and this is what I will do:
Get a 390 with 24" bar and a 372 with 20".
What do you think of that!

I think a bone stock 372 will handle 24" of bar in any wood you have over there. I stopped using my ported 385xp and went with a ported 365 special and a 24" bar for most of the felling/forestry work I did in southern England. And I stumped a lot of trees with it. Unless you require more than 24", I would stick with a 372. If you can get it ported, all the better. 372's respond very well to porting. Perhaps better than any other saw other than a 346xp...

large.jpg

Back