394XP- first try at a video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little possum

Crash and Burn
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bc8zhRVSkAU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bc8zhRVSkAU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hoping it works. 394xp, with 36" bar and Stihl Half skip in a about 40" white oak

NICE.....looks like it's runnin good!

good wood too :cheers:

Mmmmm......true White Oak there,one of my faves......by the spalting I see on the cambium,looks to be a couple years dead.You gonna do something with that saw log?

That big saw was pulling nice and hard BTW:cheers:

Good looking video you got there. Saw looked like it cut good.:cheers:

Good job with the video. Looks like smilinpossum is going to make you think ahead or get things yourself:). Must be some fine husky and stihl conversation at your place sometimes.

Thanks guys. I have GOT to get a mill. This one was gonna be cut up for lumber by the land owner

That was my other "Grandpa" Marshall. And he said he didnt have no wedgie. lol. He is hilarious. But after that he got on the big John Deere and moved the log enough for me to finish the cut.

attachment.php

Pic of the stump
attachment.php

I did bring these 2 home with me. GTG material

Thanks for the comments, didnt expect this much attention out of a stock 394.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy.Scout
I want to slab up that spalty pig!!!! LOL and quarter saw the cants!!!!

Thanks for the video. Nice one. I would like to post one someday with my J-Red 920 that I am working on.

I've heard some funny descriptions of trees before, usually references to genitalia, but "Spalty Pig" is a first for me.I cracked up. Lots of spalted maple in these parts. I do have some spalted Cottonwood for you Teddy.:)

I love White Oak. Much better wood than red. Ive bucked white oak tops that have lain in the woods for 15 years and the'll still make chips and burn well. Red oak is absolute junk in 5 years.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Dang! That ole husky is running great! Amazing for a stocker. Massive oak also, we got a few around here like that.:D Maybe next time me and Big Possum are by the creek along the line of red saws, my boot might miss that 394.:hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Dang! That ole husky is running great! Amazing for a stocker. Massive oak also, we got a few around here like that.:D Maybe next time me and Big Possum are by the creek along the line of red saws, my boot might miss that 394.:hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

No worries, it will be on it's pedastal. :bowdown: LOL. SP says its only due to the fact it has STIHL chain on it.

Had a offer for 185$ for my big ol ugly saw. :)

No worries, it will be on it's pedastal. :bowdown: LOL. SP says its only due to the fact it has STIHL chain on it.

Had a offer for 185$ for my big ol ugly saw. :)

Haha, I will have to agree with SP. Behind any good running husky lies a Stihl part. You should be able to get alot more than $185, the video is proof that is a sweet saw. I just added a 350 to my stable, I Stihl bleed orange though.:D

Latest posts

Back