395XP Air Filter??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Kidd

Where's Fish?
Reaction score
I thought I would do an early preseason PM on the beast and retune since I've switched to SEF94 and Amsoil Sabre(50:1). The filter looked in excellent shape, but thought after a few years I would replace it. After removing it I noticed a little dust in the carb intake and also inside the neck of the filter. Thought this was odd as the felt pleats looked thick. I did spray a light coat of K&N air filter oil on the new OEM felt filter hoping this will help. Has this dust been an issue with Husky filters??
On a side note the 395 never ceases to amaze me! Squeeze the trigger and BAM! 12.5k rpms of insanity!:chainsawguy:

I just got a 394 with the HD filter and noticed the same thing (the previous owner did do a lot of ripping with it, so I'm hoping it was just some residual from that, gave it a thorough cleaning today), was thinking of oiling it as well, so I'd also be curious what the Husky guys have to say, thanks - Sam

I got a 394xpg with a "HD-meshfilter" and it have stayed dust free so far !!

I have the HD filter on my 395 and as much as it has somewhere near twice the area, it doesn't stop "our" fines but wasn't necessary to clean anywhere near as often as the low filter.

I just recently worked on a mates 394 with the low filter and it would clog so much easier than the HD and took some time cleaning it.

I oiled mine last night and didn't have any fines get through today, so it looks like that's the answer - Sam

Back