395xp att Saw troll..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith c raymond

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:confused: Ive noticed on my 395xp that there is two threaded holes in the case below the muffler.My dealer pointed these out to me and we put to hex machine screws in them to keep the gunk out.Does any body know what there for?We guessed there for some type of exhaust for another market,but we know not for sure.Saw troll or any body know?

Ummmm can you post a pic? It sounds like the muffler support bracket is missing on your saw

Both of mine have the same holes.I wasn't sure what they were for either,I highly doubt there is anything missing.There is already a muffler bracket above these holes

What year is your 395? I have one here man 04 and it doesn't have extra holes

I don't know then......maybe they have recycled cases from a different saw (cut off)?

I am curious and I don't own a 395XP. (Wouldn't mind having one though. :D) Looked at two different IPLs and could not tell. I did see a plate-like object on the accessories page with no description of what it is. The part # is 503 99 32-01.

The cut off saw cases have two holes very close to the bottom of the front cases

Yup....the pic on the website shows those holes in the current 395 and 3120 chainsaws

OR it may just be the mount for the turbo that only Europe can get as a option that !@#% EPA:cry:

:ices_rofl:

OR it may just be the mount for the turbo that only Europe can get as a option that !@#% EPA:cry:

Ooh yes, at least we can get Jonsered TURBO over here, don't know about Husqvarna :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Last edited:
What year is your 395? I have one here man 04 and it doesn't have extra holes

I don't know then......maybe they have recycled cases from a different saw (cut off)?

My two are two weeks old,Keith has had his about a day

IF you look at the muffler, the "extra" holes should be on the bottom right below the muffler mounting bracket...

They are there for a reason....

With the west coast dawgs (spikes) the saw will sit with the bar side approx 2" higher than the starter side. There is an optional bracket that makes the saw sit level again with the bigger spikes.

This isn't an issue with the std east coast half wrap spikes.

Same deal on the older 394's too...

-Steve

Part number 503 46 80-1 no holes
Part number 503 46 80-2 holes

Just a coincidence that the new holes showed up when the cut off saw line was expanded

Believe what you like eh?

IF you look at the muffler, the "extra" holes should be on the bottom right below the muffler mounting bracket...

They are there for a reason....

With the west coast dawgs (spikes) the saw will sit with the bar side approx 2" higher than the starter side. There is an optional bracket that makes the saw sit level again with the bigger spikes.

This isn't an issue with the std east coast half wrap spikes.

Same deal on the older 394's too...

-Steve

:bowdown: Way to go Steve!

Self correction
I mis spoke as the 394 holes were not for the cut off but there were some 394 stump grinders none of which faired very well

Ask your Husky dealer what ever happened to the cart mounted chainsaw stump grinders

I do apologize as this question was not asked of me but of Saw Troll

I apologize to both the poster and Sawtroll

Last edited:
Back