• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 395xp project saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neno

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for a 395xp project saw to build up as a 36"ish bar woods saw with some possible saw milling in its future. Doesn't have to be pretty but would prefer that the saw isnt completely trashed. Cylinder and piston work is fine since I will be doing port work anyway. I've been looking locally for a while but haven't had much luck. Let me know what you have!

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking for some time now.
Welcome.
Most of use here did the same thing. Then I decided I needed to give back instead of just take so I joined, even though I had little to give in regards to saws compared to the knowledge here. Some great guys here who have many yrs of learn and are happy to share.

Welcome # 2!!

Did you have a budget for this purchase?

Thanks! The budget thing is a tough question to answer... Short answer is no, but I'm open to discuss all deals. I don't know what's a fair price for what I'm looking for, or if anyone has it available. The local market has been limited and overpriced in my opinion, and anything that I think would be fair is gone instantly. Hope this helps!

Understood.

I have a relatively young 395xp (2014). Bought it from a power equip dealer in north central PA where they still do some serious logging. By appearance, it was heavily used. It ran in the dealer, and they sent a video of it running. Drained fuel (apparently did not run it dry, though). I got it and it sat for 3-4 mos. Will not start. Has spark, good compression, and pulls fuel. Needs all 4 mounting screws on starter cover replaced and feels like it needs a new spring. Most definitely a carb rebuild/kit, new fuel lines (suspect they are gummy from ethanol), filter. I will pull muffler to look at piston tomorrow. Debating on whether to get into this or move it on as a rebuild. Will largely depend on what someone will offer me for it.
If this sounds interesting, let me know and I will post pics tomorrow.

Understood.

I have a relatively young 395xp (2014). Bought it from a power equip dealer in north central PA where they still do some serious logging. By appearance, it was heavily used. It ran in the dealer, and they sent a video of it running. Drained fuel (apparently did not run it dry, though). I got it and it sat for 3-4 mos. Will not start. Has spark, good compression, and pulls fuel. Needs all 4 mounting screws on starter cover replaced and feels like it needs a new spring. Most definitely a carb rebuild/kit, new fuel lines (suspect they are gummy from ethanol), filter. I will pull muffler to look at piston tomorrow. Debating on whether to get into this or move it on as a rebuild. Will largely depend on what someone will offer me for it.
If this sounds interesting, let me know and I will post pics tomorrow.
Yeah, I'd be interested and like to take a look.

Latest posts

Back