4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is off topic but since you guys are unemployed at the moment it wont hurt to run this by. I'm thinking of making an adjustable friction saver for chunking wood on a spar. I was thinking of using some tenex and splicing rings in each end and then making a prussik with a ring. Do you think tenex is good for this and also what size tenex would you use?

Hey Dan, you get your hat yet? And what's this real job talk? You mean like something other than sitting on my ass and drinking coffee, posting on arboristsite all day?

Hey Dan, you get your hat yet? And what's this real job talk? You mean like something other than sitting on my ass and drinking coffee, posting on arboristsite all day?

Yeah exactly

This is off topic but since you guys are unemployed at the moment it wont hurt to run this by. I'm thinking of making an adjustable friction saver for chunking wood on a spar. I was thinking of using some tenex and splicing rings in each end and then making a prussik with a ring. Do you think tenex is good for this and also what size tenex would you use?

Sounds on topic to me. You are looking at this job, its like others you've done, and you are thinking about how to do it better.
I wouldn't use Tenex, it seems to fray easy on rough bark, more for pulley action I think.
If that is what you are after, a system like that for working spars, then I would just recomend to buy a real friction saver. Frugally? I would use climbing line and knot the rings in with palstic thimbles. A choice of a two knots there is with that. I also recomend that the tail of the knot be whipped to the working end with either knot.
Maybe I will hook one up myself. Uh-oh, might be a good day to hit a toy store. But anyway, what I do is either use a choke strap and ties into that or I shorten the bridge of my friction hitch so I can work it tight against the trunk. Seems to hold if I slip.

It showed up last night. Shucks, you didn't have to and thanks.

Meh, I get 'em for free. If I ever have a get together up here I'd probably set up a tour of Buckingham's factory. They make everything about a block from my place. Never been there but I think it would be cool to check out.

Well it is no bed of roses that b fo sho. I may become the satellite man took the p test and background check should know in a week. Funny but it seems installing them pays better than climbing trees here

:rolleyes:

You should at least get some bennies with that gig.

Well it is no bed of roses that b fo sho. I may become the satellite man took the p test and background check should know in a week. Funny but it seems installing them pays better than climbing trees here

:rolleyes:

Note: if I like it I may just sell my #### except for saws and climb gear and stumper and only do jobs that have a high profit margin lol

$250/day sounds pretty good to me. I'd jump on it if I wasn't so busy.

I'm half way across the state, near State College. But if I wasn't busy I'd come over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back