4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Dan that was distasteful on my part and am sorry for subjecting the cool people in here I met to that trash talk. I'm not sorry to lxt though, if the guy wouldn't be such a jerk about it, things would be ok. It's not what he said it's how he said it. Maybe he will wake up soon and realize that debating and insulting are two different words. Thanks for the god bless lxt but I don't want it nor do I need it. I think you need it more, take care of yourself. NCTree

NC..... personally I dont care if you think im a jerk or what have you, if you wanna give Dan "Ben" a wrap around while hugging his back side & you think he`s cool? then you are indeed in need of a blessing, I made a post about the wages & the job...........so if it offended you......too :censored: bad!

you`re a tree man, agree or disagree with someone.......dont be a :cry: baby tough guy! sheesh....... BTW, Im divorced so the wife comment didnt really bother me...!

LXT................

I'm guessing you've never attended an ISATCC?

I have.

You will never hear me running down the competitors. I've seen how they climb, what kind of shape they are in and their level of knowledge of ropes and rigging.:cheers:

I attended a long time ago won rope toss wasn't for me too many tootie fruities.

How wrong you are..........your buddy NC made a comment about my "fat lazy wife", I was gonna stoop to his level but didnt, can the "Dan" read? oops I mean the Ben!........your thread......LOL,

animosity?..........at least ropes understands! paying a man $250 a day (contract climber) or sub is an awfull wage! sorry benny....thats just the truth you dont wanna hear!

$250 is good if its under the table & you`re supplying the gear! a sub/contracted person making $250 a day aint ****...benny, c`mon if being done "legal"..........you do operate Legal? right?

run that number after taxes, insurance,% for equip maintenance, etc... hell uncle sam will get a solid 3rd of that $250 right off the bat meaning $250 just became $165 approx & thats not counting the rest of a subs/contractors operational costs!

The "Ben" might toot his horn & think he is all that, but you are either running under the table or a liability claim waiting to happen, how are these guys insured should something happen, are they additionalinsured on your account?...............Hmmm....animosity you say, I call it running a legit, professional biz.

what this job sounds like to me is a weekend warrior buzz job, hope no one gets hurt & from some of Plas`s posts in "your thread" you might wanna consider...........INSURANCE!

LXT.....................

Ok, you got me pegged. Your are right. Now will you shut the #### up? BEfore you do : What do you pay your guys?

I really don't know who brought up the wife bit and it can get hard to tell as the thread progresses IXT but if there is some example you can give me to prove that I am doing something illegal then either prove it or shut up. I imagine than anyone I hire has his own trucks and gear or either striving to establish his own to something of that effect. That would mean he has an GL ins cert. And that is all I need. I am not saying that is all he needs, I am not saying that is all I have either. No, I don't deal in WC, lucky me, I don't have to. We are just a bunch of nutzo contracters but if the #### hits the fans ( which it just may do one day and has done before) it all gets dumped on the ins co's.
Hell, I have lived in Pittsburgh, if you get one of your guys to tote my gear up and down all those hills I would come work for 300 a day.:cheers:
Now calm down if there is anything constructive you feel you have to say to me then just say it for real or go away. I am gonna do what I am gonna do and anybody who don't like can just go do what they are gonna do. It ain't always fair, don't always seem to make sense, people get hurt and who the #### knows:cheers:

Mother####er wants to talk legitimate professional business with me:confused: Hell, don't know the last time I saw one of those to a T. I look around and it seems the people I work with are the only white people still in it. If you want advice on how to get around WC I can help but it sure ain't pretty but its legal. Everything is legal anyway or haven't you heard. Oh and stop with the childish " Benny" bs, It is quite childish and takes away from what you really want to say Ixt.

Last edited:
But I tell ya two main things have got me all twisted up.
1. Treeco talking to Ropes about tossed salad
2. The fact that its hard find people in my area willing to pay 300 day for a service like what I can provide. most would rather get a toothless crack addict to climb and of course the standard 6 mexicans running around on the ground. I feel that it is almost the only way a tree service owner can make enough money to keep it running. Rare is the epitome of a legit and professional business. Its to obscure of a thing to obtain.

you go ahead and tell us what you pay your crew Ixt and compare you crew to those I work with. Lets do it just so we can see, not so much to say " Ha, I told you so" but more to lay the cards out so we all can see and then we can go from there.:cheers:

But I tell ya two main things have got me all twisted up.
1. Treeco talking to Ropes about tossed salad
2. The fact that its hard find people in my area willing to pay 300 day for a service like what I can provide. most would rather get a toothless crack addict to climb and of course the standard 6 mexicans running around on the ground. I feel that it is almost the only way a tree service owner can make enough money to keep it running. Rare is the epitome of a legit and professional business. Its to obscure of a thing to obtain.

you go ahead and tell us what you pay your crew Ixt and compare you crew to those I work with. Lets do it just so we can see, not so much to say " Ha, I told you so" but more to lay the cards out so we all can see and then we can go from there.:cheers:

I do feel your pain on the mexicrackheaded lowballers. I have to make my money on average 90 days of the year then live like a frugal gypsy and really still just barely avoiding going under. I have thought of getting out but really my whole friggin life is invested in the money pit of tree service. Its a shame every year new startups many daddy bought boys that have deep pockets to be set to a competitive edge. It is futile in my neck of the woods especially now. It was to where a grand a day was commonplace not now hell your lucky to make 600 and thats with a bucket,grapple truck, stump machine skidder and tractor bush hog. I really try to cherish my good customers because they seem to be the only ones that compare apples. I am legit though in that I use temp help for grunt work and do all my own climbing and bucket work usually. They pay workers comp and do the payroll and I pay the bill. I have seen many here say quit, move etc. the problem is I have 40 acres and have to keep it going too. I really with what I have invested need to be working five days a week at clearing 600 a day to feel like I am getting the business that I should. Most of the customers here are northerners that moved to retire here and are price shopping sog's. Really hard to compete with third world labor.

Last edited:
An example of my mode of operation:

I do sub work for a guy, I guess I call my own shots, come in at 9 thirty whatever. I work something like a day for him, so to speak, and now he owes me. So how does he pay? Well, since he holds the Wc, unemployment and other ins on Jesse and John I get to crack the whip, so to speak, over them for a day. That is if I need them for a job I can't do myself anyway so keep that in mind to.
Admittedly John and Jesse are quite retarded but its not my job to keep on them. I had a few speeches but I stopped talking to deaf ears. They can be of help to me and if they get ####ed up well then they are covered and maybe they will wise up next time or quit. Don't matter to me either way. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the pics of the jobs I posted was of them working hard and being cool. I don't try to hurt them I hope they never do. Least I didn't have to learn a new language. hell, I am lazy.
So that is one example and what you would refer to my business is quite a tiny thing.
One thing I always found funny was that half you guys build yourselfs up to be completely built up and the people that hire you don't give a rats freaking ass... you know what I mean?

I do feel your pain on the mexicrackheaded lowballers. I have to make my money on average 90 days of the year then live like a frugal gypsy and really still just barely avoiding going under. I have thought of getting out but really my whole friggin life is invested in the money pit of tree service. Its a shame every year new startups many daddy bought boys that have deep pockets to be set to a competitive edge. It is futile in my neck of the woods especially now. It was to where a grand a day was commonplace not now hell your lucky to make 600 and thats with a bucket,grapple truck, stump machine skidder and tractor bush hog. I really try to cherish my good customers because they seem to be the only ones that compare apples. I am legit though in that I use temp help for grunt work and do all my own climbing and bucket work usually. They pay workers comp and do the payroll and I pay the bill. I have seen many here say quit, move etc. the problem is I have 40 acres and have to keep it going too. I really with what I have invested need to be working five days a week at clearing 600 a day to feel like I am getting the business that I should. Most of the customers here are northerners that moved to retire here and are price shopping sog's. Really hard to compete with third world labor.

At one time I recall saying " business sucks" and I was refering to some of the things one might have to do to keep a business going. Hopefully, its not tossing salad although I heard if you can do pretty well if you let people watch you while doing it. Sorry, I hope you get what I meant there.
What they want for an ad is a lot of money but it works. Any business that wants to remain afloat sends the public constant reminders that they are there standing by to serve them.
I would seek out the people in charge of how the light bulbs get changes, signs put up and whatnot in some of the more built up areas of your region. You might have to travel some distance but for a contract to maintain big parking lots and what have you it might be worth it.
You can't never stop thinking about ways to keep going and be resourceful and adapt and new. I suppose if you did stop then the business would dry up on you.
As you know I do shrubs alot and finer pruning, that helps with what I have got going , I plow the snow, do odd things here and there. Most likely I will be getting into some more ( I shudder to think) lanscaping type things. Me and Blakes did this one Td where I still have to grind the stump and transplant a tree in its hole.
I wonder if you could find some demolition work with the grapple? I would look into it being in your shoes which aren't to much different than mine.
I was thinking of getting a geology degree.

At one time I recall saying " business sucks" and I was refering to some of the things one might have to do to keep a business going. Hopefully, its not tossing salad although I heard if you can do pretty well if you let people watch you while doing it. Sorry, I hope you get what I meant there.
What they want for an ad is a lot of money but it works. Any business that wants to remain afloat sends the public constant reminders that they are there standing by to serve them.
I would seek out the people in charge of how the light bulbs get changes, signs put up and whatnot in some of the more built up areas of your region. You might have to travel some distance but for a contract to maintain big parking lots and what have you it might be worth it.
You can't never stop thinking about ways to keep going and be resourceful and adapt and new. I suppose if you did stop then the business would dry up on you.
As you know I do shrubs alot and finer pruning, that helps with what I have got going , I plow the snow, do odd things here and there. Most likely I will be getting into some more ( I shudder to think) lanscaping type things. Me and Blakes did this one Td where I still have to grind the stump and transplant a tree in its hole.
I wonder if you could find some demolition work with the grapple? I would look into it being in your shoes which aren't to much different than mine.
I was thinking of getting a geology degree.

Well that is some ideas but the have sign companies here for them services and light bulbs may work, I may look into it but really I am well versed in tree work, my name is established to a fair degree, it is this obushanomics that is killing it. I actually am strongly thinking of direct tv installs for a five day week and then this on the side, so I can bid the way I want and if I land them, then they will be worth my time and risk. Of course ice may finally hit my area next week and I will get rich too.

NC..... personally I dont care if you think im a jerk or what have you, if you wanna give Dan "Ben" a wrap around while hugging his back side & you think he`s cool? then you are indeed in need of a blessing, I made a post about the wages & the job...........so if it offended you......too :censored: bad!

you`re a tree man, agree or disagree with someone.......dont be a :cry: baby tough guy! sheesh....... BTW, Im divorced so the wife comment didnt really bother me...!

LXT................

Blah Blah Blah! I think you just like to hear yourself talk. Keep digging a deeper hole bucko! How do you know that I didn't make a deal on pay inprivate already. You have no foundation to base your B session on I don't like dicussing my pay in public view of evryone, it's no ones business but mine so shut up!

QUOTE=lxt;1846084]BTW, Im divorced so the wife comment didnt really bother me...!

LXT................[/QUOTE]

I get rhe feeling people leaving you is a common occurance.:buttkick:

Blah Blah Blah! I think you just like to hear yourself talk. Keep digging a deeper hole bucko! How do you know that I didn't make a deal on pay inprivate already. You have no foundation to base your B session on I don't like dicussing my pay in public view of evryone, it's no ones business but mine so shut up!

QUOTE=lxt;1846084]BTW, Im divorced so the wife comment didnt really bother me...!

LXT................

I get rhe feeling people leaving you is a common occurance.:buttkick:[/QUOTE]

Yea exactly, why are we discussing pay in public in the first place? Good point.

this thread started discussing pay because I started discussing pay. And why not? I think its good. Lets anyone interested in working with me/us where we stand.

thats all well and fine if you guys wanna discuss my pay on here, just don't ask me to participate. Dan we talked about this and I figure I show up on the job and we come to our agreement with a handshake, if the job goes better than we anticipate then throwing me a little extra would be good business like on your part. I don't think the issue needs to be pressed on here although if you wanna discuss this from hypothetical or standard of the industry point of view go right ahead.

BTW do any of you guys have real jobs lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back