4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Show up with a dull saw and yer out! But tell them,Blakes, how I roll. I make good coin in 6 hours do I not? I don't know who came up with the idea we all should work 8 hours a day, its to hard on my constitution. I would like to get ahold of that guy.:chainsawguy:

Ben's got his #### together. Even the 441 he said was "a little dull" still cut and the 200 he gave me was more than decent. He's organized to say the least. Although he would probably #### himself if he saw what I did in the past two days with no loader.

Ben's got his #### together. Even the 441 he said was "a little dull" still cut and the 200 he gave me was more than decent. He's organized to say the least. Although he would probably #### himself if he saw what I did in the past two days with no loader.

Oh I don't have to see it, just thinking about it hurts. But don't get me wrong, I have loaded like that just the same.

Chill boss, we know what your sayin, if it is going to make you drag, f that climb it. It is easy to do the job from a key board, you are the man on site and that many times makes a differance.

To be honest sometimes I just can't decide which to do. 6 of one half a dozen of the other. But I would think he is just gonna go in there and drop them trees would be fooling himself unless he had 6 mexicans @ 6 bucks an hour to pull the stuff out from under. Ok maybe not the mexicans but maybe a big grapple truck and a quick ride to a dump where he is not being charged to tip. And if we could keep the raking down as much as possible that would be a help. what? Why do we have to rake the neighbors yard?

Last edited:
My chipper is on wheels........I back up to the brush!:laugh:

It's a big handicap not having a good size front end loader on a job that size.

Whereabouts you from TreeCo? By the way, this lxt guy is making you look like a saint and that's damn near impossible to do.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Blakes. :cheers: BTW, we went out for dinner tonight and I now I am the proud owner of a Sly Fox pint glass.

Last edited:
And my heart goes out to IXT. I am sure he is a swell treeguy. I saw his anguish when I first joined this site and its sad for me to see it. I tried to tell him but I guess he is just to hardheaded. Now I wanna hear from all those guys who supposedly PM'd him about dropping those trees. Get it out of yer butts.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Blakes. :cheers: BTW, we went out for dinner tonight and I now I am the proud owner of a Sly Fox pint glass.

Nice. Better hurry, Christmas is just around the corner!

Whew! you boys really got a full belly yesterday huh?? lol

Good to see everybody playing so nicely in our little sandbox. :)

Lets not be hating on the old chevys though...got it?? I've got two or three kicking around here, good trucks, they serve me well.

Hey rope, you ever get much exp. with any of the newer self feeders with a winch on em?? just curious. I think you would be impressed with my 250, that things a beast.

Ok, so my last thoughts on the stupid job: I would wait till the ground freezes (maybe some snow too) and yank em over with the tractor winch. I use a 3/4 DB in the tree, with a double bowline and large clevise hook attached to a 5/16 choker rated @ 18800 lbs (or right around there), the winch can lock, so usually I can get enough energy stored in the tree that it starts to go on its own (pto winches on tractors are very fast too though, if need be). Then skid everything up to a nice landing and maybe stuff the tops in the chipper with the forks attachment. Not trying to brag here by any means, just sharing some insight on different methods of doing things.

Of course I hate winter, so I would probably just do like the dan is thinking, and stick to feeding my woodstove in the winter.

Hey rope, you ever get much exp. with any of the newer self feeders with a winch on em?? just curious. I think you would be impressed with my 250, that things a beast.

Naw never used one I would not pay what they want for that type of chipper without it having a grapple.

Naw never used one I would not pay what they want for that type of chipper without it having a grapple.

They feed pretty good with the winch on em once you get good at it. I wouldn't own a chipper without a winch. Mine is only a big twelve incher, really not grapple material...still pretty impressive though. Grapple would be nice on a 18" machine if I could have the dream "big" chipper.

I only got a little over 10 g's in mine rope and it's money well spent IMO, you can keep those chuck n' duck's. We're now doing job's WAY faster than we used to. Like maybe half as long. Once we get our 17 yard chip truck in working order we'll be seriously streamlined. Right now we can fill our 1 ton in about 15 minutes with the Bandit.

I only got a little over 10 g's in mine rope and it's money well spent IMO, you can keep those chuck n' duck's. We're now doing job's WAY faster than we used to. Like maybe half as long. Once we get our 17 yard chip truck in working order we'll be seriously streamlined. Right now we can fill our 1 ton in about 15 minutes with the Bandit.

I hear you on the filling of the one ton in 15 blakes, thats part of the reason I should be out in the shop working on the second one ton instead of loafing about in here. I was doing some big jobs last summer and just as soon as you start to really jam, the damn truck is full. I really want one of those under cdl internationals for the bigger jobs...maybe next year if things start getting back to normal.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes, but see your chipping valuable firewood that I hoard lol:laugh:

I hear you on the filling of the one ton in 15 blakes, thats part of the reason I should be out in the shop working on the second one ton instead of loafing about in here. I was doing some big jobs last summer and just as soon as you start to really jam, the damn truck is full. I really want one of those under cdl internationals for the bigger jobs...maybe next year if things start getting back to normal.

It has to be the right situation to fill it that fast. Working right next to the truck, cut & drop, bombing big leaders, etc. But yeah, a HUGE pain. I should be working too, gotta pull the starter on our big truck today, try and get that rebuilt so that we can get it to our "shop" and start on the hydraulics. Once it's done it'll be awesome but right now it's just a pain in my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back