4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll laugh, old man. lol. I've had WAY too much of that and will take my auto feed any day of the week. Nothing like chipping dead elm in those old beasts though. lol. They eat it right up. :dizzy:

And who here thinks 300 a day for a sub contract climber is lousy pay? For crying out loud Ixt, shut up!.

If I did not have nothing goin and you were close I would climb a 6 hr day for that.

brawhahahah Blakes you have not mastered tree work til you enjoy a fresh mulberry whip on the ear in 15 degree temps:jawdrop:

I love it and dead pin oak too. Getting whipped in the back of the fingers from the branch being torn from your hands feels great!

I love it and dead pin oak too. Getting whipped in the back of the fingers from the branch being torn from your hands feels great!

Yeah I actually don't mind it either guess I am toughened in after years of it. I like a whup ass chipper for speed and durability no doubt mine will out last me.

Yeah I actually don't mind it either guess I am toughened in after years of it. I like a whup ass chipper for speed and durability no doubt mine will out last me.

I know what you mean, I try to explain this to my helpers I guess it just takes time to get it. I'm a branch throwing s.u.b. with that chipper! Do you have a name for your duck?

Who here wants to notch the rotten one? I will watch while you do it.

Its actually not all in the open. You all saw the bulidings and the hill, the lean on the smaller ones but you didn't see the whole area. Anyway, if you guys are looking at the pic and saying the tree are 70 feet tall then it only stands to reason perspective is off and you won't be able to judge the rest. There are things that can get hit which we don't want to hit. If we dropped a tree the tips would land in the gravel driveway or up the hill or even off the edge on the other side and whatever/whomever goes down there stays down there.
Often I get into this dilema whether or not to drop it. Ask the ground guys if they want to drag the stuff off the yard 100 feet or just run it through as I drop it they will say "climb it Ben" so I do. Mostly on spruce and whatnot this occurs but I am one for putting the tips down closest to the chipper.

not directed at any one in particular but...

I don't understand why all the argument about fell versus climb and bomb. Ben and I are the only two who have actually been to the job site. Ben is the crew chief, he decided he wants to climb and drop, which, for what its worth, I agree is the right choice, so that's that, climb and bomb.

Lol , now that b funny, prolly right, get to job 10:30 sharpen saws til 12:00 eat lunch till 1:00 work till 3:00 at bar by 3:30 :hmm3grin2orange:

No, he's not that bad and I shouldn't depict him as such. He usually has family obligations that keep him busy till ten or so. It's not my style, I like to wake the neighbors with a 110 horse cummins and 3 muff modded chainsaws at 7:30 in the AM but then again, I am a ####.

Lol , now that b funny, prolly right, get to job 10:30 sharpen saws til 12:00 eat lunch till 1:00 work till 3:00 at bar by 3:30 :hmm3grin2orange:

Show up with a dull saw and yer out! But tell them,Blakes, how I roll. I make good coin in 6 hours do I not? I don't know who came up with the idea we all should work 8 hours a day, its to hard on my constitution. I would like to get ahold of that guy.:chainsawguy:

Who here wants to notch the rotten one? I will watch while you do it.

Its actually not all in the open. You all saw the bulidings and the hill, the lean on the smaller ones but you didn't see the whole area. Anyway, if you guys are looking at the pic and saying the tree are 70 feet tall then it only stands to reason perspective is off and you won't be able to judge the rest. There are things that can get hit which we don't want to hit. If we dropped a tree the tips would land in the gravel driveway or up the hill or even off the edge on the other side and whatever/whomever goes down there stays down there.
Often I get into this dilema whether or not to drop it. Ask the ground guys if they want to drag the stuff off the yard 100 feet or just run it through as I drop it they will say "climb it Ben" so I do. Mostly on spruce and whatnot this occurs but I am one for putting the tips down closest to the chipper.

Chill boss, we know what your sayin, if it is going to make you drag, f that climb it. It is easy to do the job from a key board, you are the man on site and that many times makes a differance.

Gawd dang, if there's any more rucus over these 4 friggin trees I'm headed out there first thing tomorrow AM with some prima-cord and I'll have 'em all down in 20 minutes.

Show up with a dull saw and yer out! But tell them,Blakes, how I roll. I make good coin in 6 hours do I not? I don't know who came up with the idea we all should work 8 hours a day, its to hard on my constitution. I would like to get ahold of that guy.:chainsawguy:

Damn Dan hell I many times stop counting hours at 12 but heck too much to do too little time:monkey:

No, he's not that bad and I shouldn't depict him as such. He usually has family obligations that keep him busy till ten or so. It's not my style, I like to wake the neighbors with a 110 horse cummins and 3 muff modded chainsaws at 7:30 in the AM but then again, I am a ####.

yeah family obbligations: sitting on the sofa with Sarah watching The Magic School Bus, eating peanut butter out of the jar and drinking chocolate milk... the world can and mostly likely that dead tree that has been there the last 5 years can wait to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back