4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not many guys left willing to help a learning climber.it 's a tough gig.you got my respect Dan.

great job to all of you!

Thanks man. Plas has to post pics of the landclearing job he did pretty much by himself. Its a testament of perserverance. Its good to see people not afraid to get their hands dirty.

yes it is.

Thanks man. Plas has to post pics of the landclearing job he did pretty much by himself. Its a testament of perserverance. Its good to see people not afraid to get their hands dirty.

i still bet he was at the nail salon as soon as you were out of site.

So these famous poppers are down:clap: So whats next tmd, you got more work?

Yes, Plas has got a few things for us to do and I have my usuall helping on my end. Just got a call from a good client looking to put an addition on so a few will have to come down. I quit working for the one guy I was a sub for. You know those two jokers in short pants? Man, the one guy accused my of stealing thier hand pruners and called me a straight up ******. I about fainted and thought about giving him a quick bashing but left quietly... well pretty queitly. The owner is a staright upp drunk, smelling like rot-gut at ten am. Kept wasting my time and money. Remember those spruce I took down on that construction site? Well there were two more which had to be raised off the phone and cable wires. I should have went to do it but he sent those two in the bucket which should not be in service anyway. They took 6 hours to do it and blew the profit from the job. I was thinking if it took 2 hours from the time we left the yard til the time we got back that would almost be to long. I just can't deal with that kind of BS. No way. I told them all they had to do is be cool but they just want to play thier games. Hell, the one guy blew the trans out of the bucket truck and jackknifed it into the radiator of the chipper. How much? I don't want to know but it don't need to happen. This is Jesse and John I am talking about. Its not like I bust thier balls when I work with them. Sure its ain't a trip to the massage parlor but I keep things smooth and I help them. They want to wreck that? Screw em! Now they can starve this winter. Maybe the drunk owner will finally give out and all the jobs I did that he took credit for will be mine.
And then the owner points out what the line clearance guys did and starts to criticize that like he or his guys could possible muster enough sense to do anything better. This guy never has worked in a tree but he wants to open his mouth?
These guys are always pulling funny stuff. One day, in the middle of the road, Jesse was backing the bucket and the owner was trying to tell him something... So Jesse would slam it in 1st and try to run the owner over so the owner would go behind the truck so Jesse would slam it in R and try again... and again... and again. Meanwhile traffic is watching this fiasco and I got a broken up elm over a house to deal with.
I actually quit once before cause of the BS but they all called me and pretty much said they were really sorry and really needed me. They were cool for a awhile but couldn't hold thier water very long. So now they can risk their lives in that beat up old rotten bucket truck.

Last edited:
Looking good guys!

I bet you could give away those poplar rounds for firewood on Craigslist if you wanted. It's light wood when dry but still great fuel.

Give away? Give away!? GIVE AWAY!!!???

Oh ####, where is my blood pressure medicine?

Yes, Plas has got a few things for us to do and I have my usuall helping on my end. Just got a call from a good client looking to put an addition on so a few will have to come down. I quit working for the one guy I was a sub for. You know those two jokers in short pants? Man, the one guy accused my of stealing thier hand pruners and called me a straight up ******. I about fainted and thought about giving him a quick bashing but left quietly... well pretty queitly. The owner is a staright upp drunk, smelling like rot-gut at ten am. Kept wasting my time and money. Remember those spruce I took down on that construction site? Well there were two more which had to be raised off the phone and cable wires. I should have went to do it but he sent those two in the bucket which should not be in service anyway. They took 6 hours to do it and blew the profit from the job. I was thinking if it took 2 hours from the time we left the yard til the time we got back that would almost be to long. I just can't deal with that kind of BS. No way. I told them all they had to do is be cool but they just want to play thier games. Hell, the one guy blew the trans out of the bucket truck and jackknifed it into the radiator of the chipper. How much? I don't want to know but it don't need to happen. This is Jesse and John I am talking about. Its not like I bust thier balls when I work with them. Sure its ain't a trip to the massage parlor but I keep things smooth and I help them. They want to wreck that? Screw em! Now they can starve this winter. Maybe the drunk owner will finally give out and all the jobs I did that he took credit for will be mine.
And then the owner points out what the line clearance guys did and starts to criticize that like he or his guys could possible muster enough sense to do anything better. This guy never has worked in a tree but he wants to open his mouth?
These guys are always pulling funny stuff. One day, in the middle of the road, Jesse was backing the bucket and the owner was trying to tell him something... So Jesse would slam it in 1st and try to run the owner over so the owner would go behind the truck so Jesse would slam it in R and try again... and again... and again. Meanwhile traffic is watching this fiasco and I got a broken up elm over a house to deal with.
I actually quit once before cause of the BS but they all called me and pretty much said they were really sorry and really needed me. They were cool for a awhile but couldn't hold thier water very long. So now they can risk their lives in that beat up old rotten bucket truck.

#### em'

Yeah, I'm drunk.

Jesus man. You work in that traveling circus? You're way above that. Too old for that crap too. You must look at me as a freaking altar boy compared to those knuckleheads.

#### em'

Yeah, I'm drunk.

But I doubt you are " a drunk".
I can't say I didn't know what I was getting into with these guys and I could have went to work with them years ago. It was about a year ago I started helping them. I am not going to cry " oh they screwed me and they owe me and they don't deserve to be in this business". They did and they do and they don't but I can take it or I wouldn't have signed on. I could be nasty and take thier clients and I will. Every job I was on with them the HO knows who I am, what I do and how I operate. If they want a 3 ring circus they can call Josh Lord if they want seriousness they know my number too. Hell, they usually write me a seperate check so I have thier info too.

Jesus man. You work in that traveling circus? You're way above that. Too old for that crap too. You must look at me as a freaking altar boy compared to those knuckleheads.

I driven every kind of rig that's ever been made puddy cat. Your are lucky I am a nice fair guy, Hell after what I have been through I am lucky I am still a nice fair guy.

I could be nasty and take thier clients and I will. Every job I was on with them the HO knows who I am, what I do and how I operate. If they want a 3 ring circus they can call Josh Lord if they want seriousness they know my number too. Hell, they usually write me a seperate check so I have thier info too.

Do them a favor, "steal" them and give them what they want, a good job as opposed to what the jerkoffs will do to them next time without you.:cheers:

I driven every kind of rig that's ever been made puddy cat. Your are lucky I am a nice fair guy, Hell after what I have been through I am lucky I am still a nice fair guy.

Ehhhhhhhhh 81 R mack twin screw, twin stick 15 speed? :monkey:
Vacuum wipers lol

Last edited:
I know this has been said but I have never claimed to be original. Brownie points to Dan for actually DOING something. Its easy to type a few words and claim to help new climbers. Its something else to take hours or even days of your time and really put in. Sadly I cannot rep you for your efforts Dan but I am sure someone can.

:cheers:

OMG this a marathon thread. But it looks like you guys did a good job and had fun doing it. I think it is awsome that The Dan took Plas under his wing and is teaching him the ropes. There needs to be more of that goin on.

Plas: Looks like you made out 3 ways on this one. #1 you learned something new, #2 you had fun, #3 you made some money. Looks like a total win.

Good job guys.

Oh, and props to NC for throwin in a helpin hand too.

I know this has been said but I have never claimed to be original. Brownie points to Dan for actually DOING something. Its easy to type a few words and claim to help new climbers. Its something else to take hours or even days of your time and really put in. Sadly I cannot rep you for your efforts Dan but I am sure someone can.

:cheers:

I got him for ya, outofmytree. You're right, it's impressive - others should shoot him some rep, too!!!

Yea The Dan is the Shiznit. I don't know what exactly it was that caused it, but for some reason about a month ago or so The Dan started to respect me just a weeee bit. Maybe it was that lot clearing job that did it I dunno. But since then we've been tearin' it up in Delaware county and we've got 3 more jobs lined up, 2 of which Dan doesn't know about yet.

I have to hand it to the dude, he REALLY had a lot of patience with me. I've learned so much from him it's sick! When I got down from my big climb this past weekend, the Dan was just as excited as I was. We were both like f'ing -A man! But he had every right to be excited. He accomplished just as much as I did. He taught a douche-bag like me how to do something that's extremely difficult. OK it's not like I "know tree work" now but a milestone was reached and it was reached because of The Dan.

The dude beats my ass on the ground but it's all for my own good. Tree work is a fast-paced and no bullshiznit endeavor. There is no sense in hooking up with some calm talking hippie dude teacher...not going to get you anywhere. You need someone to treat you like you would be treated on the job, and in this biz that's kinda harsh but it is what it is. Poor Dan doesn't know that my soft azz has been known to bark back in a way that sends all the dogs away with their tails between their legs though (evil laugh).

And to those of you who have never worked with The Dan, the dude is good, period. You can put a lot of money on that.

Ode to The Dan.

and now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

if i recall.................

Sometimes I think I am the biggest prick.[/QUOTE]

it wasn't long ago,someone here was agreeing with you. :greenchainsaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back