4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I think I am the biggest prick.

it wasn't long ago,someone here was agreeing with you. :greenchainsaw:[/QUOTE]

Well I guess everybody has his moments. I get a little irritated same as anybody. One big thing I like about this work is the truthfulness involved... you know what I mean?
There is a lot of crap always going round and its sometimes hard to differentiate, to find an even keel.

Now if I had you working under me in the engineering world, I'd be the one kicking YOUR arse Dan-O!

it wasn't long ago,someone here was agreeing with you. :greenchainsaw:

Well I guess everybody has his moments. I get a little irritated same as anybody. One big thing I like about this work is the truthfulness involved... you know what I mean?
There is a lot of crap always going round and its sometimes hard to differentiate, to find an even keel.[/QUOTE]

Yea The Dan is the Shiznit. I don't know what exactly it was that caused it, but for some reason about a month ago or so The Dan started to respect me just a weeee bit. Maybe it was that lot clearing job that did it I dunno. But since then we've been tearin' it up in Delaware county and we've got 3 more jobs lined up, 2 of which Dan doesn't know about yet.

I have to hand it to the dude, he REALLY had a lot of patience with me. I've learned so much from him it's sick! When I got down from my big climb this past weekend, the Dan was just as excited as I was. We were both like f'ing -A man! But he had every right to be excited. He accomplished just as much as I did. He taught a douche-bag like me how to do something that's extremely difficult. OK it's not like I "know tree work" now but a milestone was reached and it was reached because of The Dan.

The dude beats my ass on the ground but it's all for my own good. Tree work is a fast-paced and no bullshiznit endeavor. There is no sense in hooking up with some calm talking hippie dude teacher...not going to get you anywhere. You need someone to treat you like you would be treated on the job, and in this biz that's kinda harsh but it is what it is. Poor Dan doesn't know that my soft azz has been known to bark back in a way that sends all the dogs away with their tails between their legs though (evil laugh).

And to those of you who have never worked with The Dan, the dude is good, period. You can put a lot of money on that.

Ode to The Dan.

and now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Listen to you haha!:clap:

could of used you today, had to rig a big branch over a slate roof, talk about pressure. lots of setting up and little cutting, it worked out good though except for my ground guys forgeting knots.

Good job on the takedown bet you guys were some cutting mother####ers.

could of used you today, had to rig a big branch over a slate roof, talk about pressure. lots of setting up and little cutting, it worked out good though except for my ground guys forgeting knots.

Good job on the takedown bet you guys were some cutting mother####ers.

I thought you helped?

NC helped a lot on day one.

And by the way NC, in my recent post above, no, I was not calling you a hippie hahaha.

I didn't say you were i was laughing at #### you were writing:cheers:

Today TMD and I finished the take-downs and bucked everything up. I climbed tree #3 and did the entire think myself with Dan as ground support and instruction. It was an awesome feeling doing this tree, definitely a heck of a milestone for me. It was like everything I learned from here and books and DVD's and previous instruction all came together at once and it just all made sense and felt good.

TMD giving some instruction:

4164648999_207119ea7c_b.jpg

Looking down:

4164649551_1bab797ab5_b.jpg

For the first time, I felt good in the spurs and they did not hurt like crazy!

4165407448_c3260ce9dd_b.jpg

Dropped this top out on rigging. In fact we pretty much rigged the entire tree except the spar.

4164651521_708505a4c8_b.jpg

Setting the block:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2517/4165412210_462957ed59_b.jpg

Tree #3 is brushed-out:

4165417454_cf505b9a7a_b.jpg

BIG wood, and lots of it. Three of us ran saws constantly for several hours to buck the job up.

4164663417_0de7074127_b.jpg

Here's The Man (TM) himself after a hard day's work:

4165422706_55cde40057_b.jpg

I was so pumped after taking that tree down. Thank you all on this forum with helping get me started. It may have been an easy tree but I honestly didn't think I had it in me. Dan is a great teacher. Now all I have to do is learn the other 18,000 things I don't know yet!
:cheers:

Well I also took the time to read this marathon thread.
Was kind of like a good book ,you just can't put down Lol.

Plasmech, i remember reading one of your first post .Something
about standing on a ladder with a clothesline tied thru your belt loop,or something to that affect.
Glad you took the critisism,and advice constructively,and have dedicated yourself to learning the proper way to do tree work.This stuff ain't no joke.
People can,and do get hurt and killed everyday cutting trees.

Hats off to you for your commitment to learning.

Treemandan,very good of you to take the time to help somebody
learn to do something the right way ,instead of just telling him to piss off.
I wish I had somebody teach me when I was young like that.
My uncle taught me to tie a bowline to a limb and let it down from the bucket,and one of his climbers showed me how to tie a taughtline hitch on a climb line one day,and that was pretty much it for my training back in the day.Learned the rest of it the hard way,on my own thru the years.
I'm still here to talk about it,and safety is of the upmost importance to me now,but I made a lot of mistakes along the way that could have turned out really bad to say the least.

Kudos to you for taking some of the pain out of the learning curve for someone else.

Well deserved rep coming to both of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back