40" Hollow White Oak Felling.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAN!!! What's up my man. Haven't seen you in while and was getting worried. I was going to start a "where the H is Dan?" thread, but you pulled through just in time.

Slight mod on the axe. It sure does work nice. Cut my hand on it, so now we know where we stand, lol.

wallrepairnailgun032.jpg

Know how that feels The Dan does... dude. Yeah, computer been under tarps and we have been fixing the house, my dad came in from CA to help so its been hell.
Nice felling procedures, if you have the pants you must be moving some logs. I forget are you logging your own property or looking for timber elsewhere?
Being in the house so much makes me crazed to stack a few myself. I have to get out and roll them soon to. I have some Locust I was going to burn but might make roof and siding shingles out of it. What do you think? Good for fence post I think.
Anyway, I will let everybody know I have plugged back in. I have got to show these pics of this nail gun I got.

I am all done with mine for quite a while now. This is all other peoples places.

On the Locust, I don't know anything. I don't even know if we have those here. If so, I'm guessing they are in short supply. I probably hacked a few in my day, not even knowing it.

House looks like it's coming along, that's good. Finger, not so good. Did you get it with the nail gun?

I am all done with mine for quite a while now. This is all other peoples places.

On the Locust, I don't know anything. I don't even know if we have those here. If so, I'm guessing they are in short supply. I probably hacked a few in my day, not even knowing it.

House looks like it's coming along, that's good. Finger, not so good. Did you get it with the nail gun?

Tis only but a scratch from the baseboard heater. No Locust? I think you wood like it.:)

Tis only but a scratch from the baseboard heater. No Locust? I think you wood like it.:)

From what I hear it is pretty good stuff. I have yet to see anything burn like Sugar Maple. You can burn it green, and I mean it burns very hot and clean. Dry it a little and you are sitting on gold.

Back