40cc Shoot Out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do the others start compared to the 420? I know the determining factor in my purchase was my dad's shoulder injury, the quick jerking motion of a regular saw is a no-go.

They all started easily even after raising compression. I don't notice that sort of stuff much........but if I had an injured shoulder I would consider an easy-start version.

Now if I only knew the true weight of a 346xp OE so I could tell if this adventure down the CAD road is worth it.

Now if I only knew the true weight of a 346xp OE so I could tell if this adventure down the CAD road is worth it.

I would say you made a good choice in the RedMax. It does have a bit more vibration than the Dolly but it's lighter and a bit faster.

Well, so sad that the MM ported 241 stuff was lost.

Have you ported an Earthquake that is equivalent to the GZ4000?
The Earthquake is not equivalent to the GZ4000, rather to the non-strato G3800. Same chassis construction.

I only mentioned Earthquake saws b/c of all the really insanely long threads on several forums about guys buying them up for really cheap on Ebay. Seems that the endless supply of $50 defective and returned Earthquakes has dried up now though (90% of them going to chainsaw forum geeks by the 2s and 3s). I thought for a second there that the Earthies might be worth looking at... if they were based on the GZ4k and if MM had dolled one up. Apparently not.

There is an amusing thread on another forum where TBone built a Chicom 361 for cheap with mostly knock-off parts. Seems to run well. I have to wonder if there are enough Chicom 241 parts out there to paste together a 40cc TB241 CM saw (CM: ChicoM). :dizzy:

Back