40cc Shoot Out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:monkey: I smell an agenda.:cheers:

This thread should be on page 37 by the time I get back from UT Hospital. My mother-in-law called early this morning and told Kari that Walt had had two seizures- the second one lasted over 3 minutes. Before Kari could get there he had had a third. Paramedics were there loading him up. Kari wants me to bring the kids up there in case he continues to deteriorate.

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes and God bless.

This thread should be on page 37 by the time I get back from UT Hospital. My mother-in-law called early this morning and told Kari that Walt had had two seizures- the second one lasted over 3 minutes. Before Kari could get there he had had a third. Paramedics were there loading him up. Kari wants me to bring the kids up there in case he continues to deteriorate.

Hang tough for the family my friend.

3/8 x 7 rim?
I bought these rims probably a dozen or so years back.
The 2 Power Mate on the left appear to have a hole diameter
of around .800-ish at the bottom of the splines.
(cant see too well up close with the contacts I'm currently wearing)

I cut that clutch spur around the time I got the rims.
I may have one somewhere that fits the small spline diameter
and yeah, my vision was a lot better back then.

The 2 Power Mate on the left appear to have a hole diameter
of around .800-ish at the bottom of the splines.
(cant see too well up close with the contacts I'm currently wearing)

293697d1367679452-p1060612-jpg

Are you aware that the two pointy things above the caliper rail are for inside measurement? No need to eyeball it.

Last edited:
293697d1367679452-p1060612-jpg

Are you aware that the two pointy things above the caliper rail are for inside measurement? No need to eyeball it.

I'd think it'd be tricky to get a 'true' diameter on a SEVEN spline with calipers, whether you use the innies or the outies. :)

I'd think it'd be tricky to get a 'true' diameter on a SEVEN spline with calipers, whether you use the innies or the outies. :)

Measure the round ID and call it A. Measure round ID to spline and call it B.

2*B-A

Easy peasy.

Last edited:
Ordering a Ryobi Chain Adjuster and Spare Muffler for a Muffler mod for my Craftsman Redmax.Still haven't gotten to use it yet but will later today on a Big oak Limb that crushed the Splitrail Fence at work.:rock: I think I'm going to like the little booger.:msp_thumbup:

sorry guys, I've been awake since Fri morn (major knee pain problems)
and my brain is a tad fuzzy at this point.

Just figured that since the center holes look to be maybe 3/16 difference, then just getting within hand grenade range
would be close enough to call it on the large or small category.

Was just thinking that if the hub size looks like it might be what's needed
then I'd check to see if I could rustle some up, if someone was in need.

From what I have learned (which admittely could be little or
otherwise insufficient :) ) it is Stihl MS200 020 etc which rule
in this saw (size) segment ... . I got a bunch of them following
advice from a (more) professional neighbour - and have never
regretted it ... .

Please tell me what these other saws that are discussed here
are better at :) :) :) ???

Sorry to hear that Steven. Take care of Kari, her mom, and the kids during this tough time. Praying for you brother. Screw chainsaws and other unimportant stuff. It'll all be here when you get back.

4:32AM Sunday. My brother and I just got home from UT Hospital. Walt had a total of 7 seizures before the Paramedics got him to the ER. The Doctors have had him incubated/ unconscious and he has been on a ventilator with a tube stuck down his throat all day. They ordered a MRI between 12-2am and we will have the results this morning when the Sunday Doctor comes in. He is now in the ICU with a Nurse staying in the room. Mid afternoon his blood pressure and heart rate tanked but they got him stabilized. I'll be headed back in a couple hours to hear what the Doctor has to say on the scan. Very rough day. Thanks for the PMs guys. Although I have not met many of you in person, I feel very close to many of you and cherish your friendships.:cheers: Whoever would have thought "online friends"?:laugh:

4:32AM Sunday. My brother and I just got home from UT Hospital. Walt had a total of 7 seizures before the Paramedics got him to the ER. The Doctors have had him incubated/ unconscious and he has been on a ventilator with a tube stuck down his throat all day. They ordered a MRI between 12-2am and we will have the results this morning when the Sunday Doctor comes in. He is now in the ICU with a Nurse staying in the room. Mid afternoon his blood pressure and heart rate tanked but they got him stabilized. I'll be headed back in a couple hours to hear what the Doctor has to say on the scan. Very rough day. Thanks for the PMs guys. Although I have not met many of you in person, I feel very close to many of you and cherish your friendships.:cheers: Whoever would have thought "online friends"?:laugh:

Good luck and prayers sent!

From what I have learned (which admittely could be little or
otherwise insufficient :) ) it is Stihl MS200 020 etc which rule
in this saw (size) segment ... . I got a bunch of them following
advice from a (more) professional neighbour - and have never
regretted it ... .

Please tell me what these other saws that are discussed here
are better at :) :) :) ???

It's simply cost of entry for me. I can buy a gz4000 for $300 to my door. 9.5lbs and 2.4hp stock. For a $300 round trip to TN it will eat a MS200's lunch.

Did the mods to the GZ4000 have anything to do with this?

Normally I tell all I do to an engine.

I've sorta quit doing that lately because there was some folks saying I should do this....or shouldn't do that while they sat in their chairs farting.

Give me a call..........

Thanks Sawtroll for putting us in the dark.

Well it wasn't just that.

Expressing my thoughts on what I think makes a serious runner sometimes pits my ideas against the "normal" lines of thinking and puts me in a position that I feel I need to defend.

I don't like the fussing, and the "us against them" type of environment that can get going when these disagreements begin.

I'll gladly share my thoughts and ideas on the phone or through emails..........I'm just stepping back from the other stuff.

Well it wasn't just that.

Expressing my thoughts on what I think makes a serious runner sometimes pits my ideas against the "normal" lines of thinking and puts me in a position that I feel I need to defend.

I don't like the fussing, and the "us against them" type of environment that can get going when these disagreements begin.

I'll gladly share my thoughts and ideas on the phone or through emails..........I'm just stepping back from the other stuff.

I love reading build threads but I am not going to bother you with questions. I think I only talked to you by phone once when you had my saw. I figure your time is too valuable to talk to my dumb ass on a phone.

I love reading build threads but I am not going to bother you with questions. I think I only talked to you by phone once when you had my saw. I figure your time is too valuable to talk to my dumb ass on a phone.

I'm not going to stop doing build threads. Lately we've just been too busy. I'll post pics of the work but the timing numbers I'll leave out.......

Back