441 pist n broke

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fitted new farmer tec. p/c to a mates saw,cut half a load of wood and done this.Nothing I did wrong I believe.
What do you guys think,faulty piston or grabbed exhaust port?
Cheers,Chris.

Attachments

• IMG_20170521_121855.jpg
    IMG_20170521_121855.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20170521_121925.jpg
    IMG_20170521_121925.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20170521_122107.jpg
    IMG_20170521_122107.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 113
Piston on correct.Rings still located in their correct spot when stripped down.Pic shows a piece of ring missing.The person who supplied the kit gave him another kit for free as i know him even before i stripped it down.
Cheers Chris.

The cylinder score was done by a piece of the piston.Both ring locator pins are still in position..If it did hang a ring this is not something wrong I did,correct?
Cheers,Chris.
I had the same thing happen to me ,Put a new kit on and no problem ,I will say though in my opinion Victor Frankenstein must have played a part in designing the 441,It's like a Chinese puzzle compared to the simplicity of other Stihl 's

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

I'm sure the exhaust port is flat and misshapen,probably bad for it to hang that quickly.

Almost think that the rings are loose in the land.

Might have to bite the bullet and get the genuine parts,maybe sell a kidney to cover the ridiculous price they want .

I just sold a nice oem 441 cylinder for 50$
You should be able to get a used one and a new piston for less than a am kit.

Ms260 I work on had a farm tec jug no power. No rpm unless way lean and sloe to rev no load. Pos product imo. Meteor or oem. Maybe cross performance too. Farm tec sucks kock n ballz

Hi axe I agree.I recon I could do 2 066 top ends in the time it took me to do this.I am no pro by any means though.(Also located in Tassie axe)
Cheers,Chris.
Hey Chris ,what part of Tassie are you from N S E or West,
I See your a Hawk fan mate,I have three brothers who are diehard Hawk followers,they Give me a hard Time being Cat
Supporter ,all good fun though.
Cheers
Andrew.

Hi Andrew,north, Perth infact.Yer not going too good this year but they have given me some good years in the past.
You can't win em all.
Cheers,Chris.
PS Don't know where there is any 064/ally f/wheel 066 parts goin cheap axe?

Hi Andrew,north, Perth infact.Yer not going too good this year but they have given me some good years in the past.
You can't win em all.
Cheers,Chris.
PS Don't know where there is any 064/ally f/wheel 066 parts goin cheap axe?
I'll keep my eye 's and ears open for you regarding parts for the 064//066 not much down here in the south as a lot of guys are rebuilding their saws their not embracing the new technology too well can't get the screw driver into the new ones lol.
There's a guy at Gielston bay
Who buys saws all over the state,busy Bob he may have some parts,you would have seen him on gumtree or Fleabay no doubt.
Oh I'm from Ouse ,Central highlands .

Latest posts

Back