45mm piston thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a piston to retrofit into a project.

Hoping that anyone that has a 45mm piston around can measure it and post up the critical dimensions as follows. A picture would be fine as well.

Pin diameter =
Width of pin bosses =
Total height =
Compression Height (center line of pin to crown) =

Specific to my project, I am interested in finding a piston with a compression height of 20 mm or more, and a total height of at least 38mm.

I am specifically interested in Echo 600p piston dimensions. Regular Stihl 029 as well.

A piston from a PROMAC 54-55/ TITAN 55 /MAC 960 has promise, however I would like to know width between the pin bosses.

Thanks in advance.

I will add some info

254xp

Pin diameter=12mm
Width of pin bosses =13.2mm
Total height =39mm
Compression Height (center line of pin to crown) =20mm

I just bought a meteor piston for a Husqvarna 51. It was 45mm. I think I tossed the old scored piston though. I will look around.

I have a handful of Echo 600 pistons, will measure tomorrow. I do know they are a very heavy, full skirted and hyper-domed unit, from a long stroked engine.

I have a handful of Echo 600 pistons, will measure tomorrow. I do know they are a very heavy, full skirted and hyper-domed unit, from a long stroked engine.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the measurements on this one.

Whatcha building man?

A couple things...some 57cc Shindaiwa saws and a 55CP

Thanks for the link. Wish all the aftermarket suppliers published this info.

The cs600p piston:
Piston pin: 11mm
Pin bosses:18.4mm
Total height:41mm
Comp height:19.7mm
All of these measurements were transposed from sae, as I don't have mm calipers.

IMG_20150107_152046_209.jpg

All of these measurements were transposed from sae, as I don't have mm calipers.

Me either, SAE still rules here.

I have a few 45mm, twin ring Stihl 032 pistons that I can get the other measurements from later tonight (in inch units of course).

Piston pin: 10mm or 0.3937"
Pin bosses: 0.523" (WP pocket in between bosses)
Total height: 1.531" (thrust or skirted sides)
Comp height: 0.668" (from WP OD to top edge of piston not counting dome, so add half a WP diameter if you want it to centerline....)

The cs600p piston:
Piston pin: 11mm
Pin bosses:18.4mm
Total height:41mm
Comp height:19.7mm

View attachment 392686

Great! Thank you. Is your compression height measurement from pin centerline to the edge of the piston or top of the dome? How high is the dome?

Latest posts

Back