460 Rebuild or Trash ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ship it to me with money for parts and return shipping and you'll have a new saw back in no time:clap:

i think brad is serious, really, i'd take him up on that !!!!!
brad, do you want my like new 460 ? i was gonna 'SNERILIZE' (can i say that?) it myself but i think i'd trust you better than me..

i think brad is serious, really, i'd take him up on that !!!!!
brad, do you want my like new 460 ? i was gonna 'SNERILIZE' (can i say that?) it myself but i think i'd trust you better than me..

That is what I would do. That way you know it is right!!!
-Pat

I think that is a offer you can't refuse. Box it up, send saw and some cash to Brad and get back a very clean kick butt 460

Sure, why not. That'll be a little payback for all the stuff guys on here have given me this year. Do you know if your cylinder is trashed? I'm guessing it would be with a broken ring. I'm sure someone here has one they'd pass along for a fair price. If not, you could always try the BB kit for about $120. How rough's the rest of the saw? Do we need to go through the fuel system, check crank seals etc....... A complete gasket kit will be $20-$30. It does add up fast if you need many parts.

Last edited:
Hey Snellerizer, It sounds like your the man:greenchainsaw: After the holidays I will see how my funds hold out. If it works out I'll send you a PM and see if we can work something out. Yes the cylinder wall has a small sratch on it from the rings. I tought a little honing would take care of it, but I'm liking the idea of a big bore kit with a muffler mod. more and more all the time. CAD is a very dangerous thing and for me it's only getting worse.:clap:

Hey Brad -nice offer!

Firesmoke - It will come back clean as whistle.. washed in the wife's (err... Brad's) dish washer... If the bores good, you might consider a new oem piston ;)

Hey Snellerizer, It sounds like your the man:greenchainsaw: After the holidays I will see how my funds hold out. If it works out I'll send you a PM and see if we can work something out. Yes the cylinder wall has a small sratch on it from the rings. I tought a little honing would take care of it, but I'm liking the idea of a big bore kit with a muffler mod. more and more all the time. CAD is a very dangerous thing and for me it's only getting worse.:clap:

Post up a pic of that cylinder. One or two "small" scratches won't kill it.

Sorry I live in the past I do not have a digital camera or even a computer at home. Yes my boss knows I' m on the web at work. When I say small I'm talking a hairline scratch. Leaving work around 3:30 Friday afternnoon so I wont be back untill Monday around 6 or 6:30.

Back