50' laurel oak, 70' spread.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budroe69moni

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
how much would you charge to dead-wood and prune this tree???
there are tons of water sprouts on the lower branches and i also need to remove a branch that rubbing up against the garage. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
thanks,
clueless in vero,
budroe:D

Get someone to work with you that HAS a clue. Right now you need someone who knows how to trim and remove trees so you can learn from them.
When I was starting out, all full of piss and vinegar like you, I bluffed my way through easy jobs and hired freelance climbers on the stuff that I didn't know how to do. I learned a ton from watching the freelancers that I hired. Some good, some bad. But I incorporated what I saw the climbers do into my climbing and got better with time.
A decent climber gets $150 per day around here. 1/2 day is $75-$100. Lotta drunk climbers lookin' for beer money out there. Their lives may be unmanagable but they can still climb. They just can't hold a steady job.:angel:

And don't strip out all the sprouts! Their there for a reasone. In the heat of the summer when the upper crown willts to reduce moisture loss, the partialy shaded inner canopy still produces and moves the sugars.

Just thin them out some.

Do you have an hourly rate? You need to figure what you need to make per man- work- hour in order to make an acceptable profit. That hourly rate will change Depending on tghe job description, degree of difficulty, potential risk factors etc.
Then just when you figure out what you need to make per man/hr. ,buy a new truck or other large pieceof equipment and start all over figuring out your new rates . Bottom line, bid the job to be profitable, not to be competitive or to get the job .

Latest posts

Back