55 Rancher or 359 Huskey ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyRiver

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a friend that has offered me a trade in deal on my old 4 year old 55 Rancher for a new in the box 55 Rancher or a new in the box 359 Husky and $75.00 boot money. I can pick either with the bar of my choice (18 inch is mine). Which one is better the 55 or the 359? I know the stats on the two and the 359 is worth more, but is the 359 better in the real world? My friend is tired of being a husky dealer and is bailing out, and is just going to stick to Hardware stuff.

The 359 is a very good pro saw and the 55 is a great farm/ranch/weekender. Are you going to use the saw enough to justify the extra cash?

canguy21 said:
The 359 is a very good pro saw and the 55 is a great farm/ranch/weekender. Are you going to use the saw enough to justify the extra cash?
I think he is saying it is the same prize.

canguy21 said:

They are the same price, however the 359 is an e tech engine not an Xp or pro saw engine. I believe I said that right?

Well went and got the 359 husky and it runs great. I just wish I had some logs to saw up :rolleyes: . I'm going down in the woods next week to find a tree to try it on. It seems to be stronger than the old 55 Rancher I traded it for. Will keep you posted.

RockyRiver said:
I have a friend that has offered me a trade in deal on my old 4 year old 55 Rancher for a new in the box 55 Rancher or a new in the box 359 Husky and $75.00 boot money. I can pick either with the bar of my choice (18 inch is mine). Which one is better the 55 or the 359? I know the stats on the two and the 359 is worth more, but is the 359 better in the real world? My friend is tired of being a husky dealer and is bailing out, and is just going to stick to Hardware stuff.

I think he really wanted to sell Stihl !

Lobo said:
I think he really wanted to sell Stihl !

Believe it or not his hardware is in a poor neighborhood and he makes more money selling Poulan and Homelite saws. The huskys just dont sale in poor areas.

Mmmm Hmmm

Believe it or not his hardware is in a poor neighborhood and he makes more money selling Poulan and Homelite saws. The huskys just dont sale in poor areas.

Goes back to the other thread; people these days shop price.

Latest posts

Back