55 rancher vs 455 rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No love for the 455's here, still much better than a fartboss, but that's about all. Overweight and underpowered, and the AV mounts are to spongy for me. I prefer the 55's over the 455, but 353 gets used more than any of them.

I agree that the 450 is better in the power to weight and price, but the 455 is still a better choice for when the wood gets bigger.

But then the 460 would be better still...

I've never really worked the 450 though. Made some cuts with them as they come with the 18" narrow kerf set up. Would like to try a muff modded one outfitted with 16" full chisel the same as most of my 50cc saws. Gonna have to try that sometime, huh?

That could be arranged... I have an unmolested one that I've never bothered to do anything with, could easily mm it and throw on a regular full chisel .325 chain. Seems like a silly saw to bring to Lee's but I don't have much for big all mag stuff that's running anyway, so... I could also bring a mm'ed 55cp to put it up against.

What's the difference between the 'regular' 450 and the rancher version? The web site has the rancher 450 weighing and costing more but I didn't notice any other difference in spec's.
Sold by the pound? Or maybe comes standard with a longer bar?

But then the 460 would be better still...

That could be arranged... I have an unmolested one that I've never bothered to do anything with, could easily mm it and throw on a regular full chisel .325 chain. Seems like a silly saw to bring to Lee's but I don't have much for big all mag stuff that's running anyway, so... I could also bring a mm'ed 55cp to put it up against.

What's the difference between the 'regular' 450 and the rancher version? The web site has the rancher 450 weighing and costing more but I didn't notice any other difference in spec's.
Sold by the pound? Or maybe comes standard with a longer bar?

The 450 rancher is a Lowes SKU. The 455 price went above $399 and Husky wouldn't budge on it, so they put a 20" "rancher" bar, (.325), on the 450.

You should bring your 450; I'll bring something similar and we can do an experiment of our own. Just as long as Lee actually has a few 50cc sized logs. :laugh:

The 450 rancher is a Lowes SKU. The 455 price went above $399 and Husky wouldn't budge on it, so they put a 20" "rancher" bar, (.325), on the 450.

You should bring your 450; I'll bring something similar and we can do an experiment of our own. Just as long as Lee actually has a few 50cc sized logs. :laugh:

Bring the 460....vs. 450 :popcorn:

What are the differences between the 455 and the 455 rancher?

None at all. "Rancher" is just a marketing term, and simple as it sounds, it carries a lot of weight. People come in not even sure of the model number let alone the size of the motor, but they "wanna get a Rancher". Funny thing is, the saws all come with a bar that says "Farm Tough", and it's anything but tough. I won't even stock or sell them as replacement bars.

Back