• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 55 Rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Want to sell this 55 Rancher. This saw is nothing fancy but would make someone a decent backup or truck saw. This saw has a white box top end and an AM recoil cover. I just completely went through this thing and it has new bearings, seals, fuel line, and carb kit. Crank was in great shape. Rim is set up for .325. Looking to get $160 OBO shipped to the lower 48. This is PHO.

IMG_3214.JPG IMG_3215.JPG IMG_3216.JPG IMG_3217.JPG IMG_3218.JPG

Nice affordable entry level firewood saw for someone on a budget looking to play. With new seals, carb kit, fuel lines and bearings, this little package may look like it fought a few wars, but would have more than enough life left for a new owner to get plenty of work done. Saws like this are a much better buy than new big box saws of similar price.

I don't think you can get anything worth anything new for $160 maybe a poulon pro? maybe Im not sure ?? If this is still here in couple of days I might consider it like it was said good throw in the truck saw maybe something I can teach the kid with he's scare of my saws, At any rate GLWS

I am not fimular with this saw what length bar is recommended for use ? Also what bar mount does this use?

When you add up the cost of new carb kit, fuel lines, bearings, seals and the shop time/personel time put into this saw it is true value for someone. l hope it goes to a good home that needs a good saw that perhaps cannot afford a new expensive one. l love the trading post.

I don't think you can get anything worth anything new for $160 maybe a poulon pro? maybe Im not sure ?? If this is still here in couple of days I might consider it like it was said good throw in the truck saw maybe something I can teach the kid with he's scare of my saws, At any rate GLWS

I am not fimular with this saw what length bar is recommended for use ? Also what bar mount does this use?
I think they came with 18" 3/8 pitch bars mostly. Husky small mount. I had to buy the clutch off the bay and it a came with a .325 rim on it so that's what this one has. A simple change of the rim and you could have it back to 3/8.

That's a great deal! I have one and couldn't let it go that cheap. They are a solid firewood saw. This is a good buy for someone looking for a nice saw!

Do these type of saws take a splined carb adjustment tool just like thr poulans? If so, I have access to one. If not , I may have to order one in the future.

Latest posts

Back