550xp value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betts04

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have come across a couple of 550xp saws, and one of them is new, and has never been used. I have no idea what the saw is worth new, and dont want to insult the guy with an offer. I really dont need another saw but after reading reviews on this site it seems it would be a good second saw (currently use a 038) .

also I realize the prices are different from country to another, so Im interested in its worth here in Ontario Canada

cheers

I think $450 would be a good price here in Maine. They are going for around $550 new.

As long as it is like new I think $450 would be a good price here in Maine. They are going for around $550 new from a dealer.

The price likely is higher in Canada than in the US.

Make sure you know why those saws are for sale - some early ones had carb issues that really should have been fixed on warranty.

for some reason the manufacturers Canadian site does not list msrp, but he US site does. And being a long weekend I cant call a local dealer for a pice until tuesday

the asking price is 575, but until I know what they cost new, the asking price is irrelevant.

just had a chance to talk to a local dealer, and the list on a new saw here is 699, but he said he can do 650, with the 18" bar.

575 for one with a 16" isnt worth my time to travel and get it (about 2hrs). Even though i'd be saving the tax, there is no warrentee ( I know its only 1yr)

Base MRSP for a 550 with 15" is $699 in Canada and progressively highly with different bar lengths.

With an asking price of $575 I would seriously question the purchase.

Is it new in the box? Original bill of sale?

Caveat Emptor. If its a stolen saw you should already know how our system treats it.

Dependant upon usage here in Canada it may have up to a 2 yr warranty.

Then sometimes there are just good deals to be had, that are on par, and above the board.

Base MRSP for a 550 with 15" is $699 in Canada and progressively highly with different bar lengths.

With an asking price of $575 I would seriously question the purchase.

Is it new in the box? Original bill of sale?

Caveat Emptor. If its a stolen saw you should already know how our system treats it.

Dependant upon usage here in Canada it may have up to a 2 yr warranty.

Then sometimes there are just good deals to be had, that are on par, and above the board.

no its not new in the box, he claims he purchased it in Feb of this year and that it has never had fuel or oil in it.

as for warranty the 550xp does not qualilfy for the extra year warranty, as I understand it, it only applys to the consumer saws and not the pro saws.

as for the new saw, my local supplier will sell a new one for 650 with 18" bar and 3/8 set up.

As for the used saw, I will ask a few more questions and see how they reply. Is it possible to trace a saw by serial #?

Latest posts

Back