550xp won't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alans550xp

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on my 550xp won't run it's not flooded has new plug sprayed it with ether and not even a pop. Why would it still be getting spark with the switch pushed down our even the wires jumped? In my opinion it is not enough spark. These AT saw are about impossible to work on with out a scan tool

They are still chainsaws that suffer similar problems to standard carb saws. The AT system is usually not that likely to fail. Do all the checks you would normally do and see where it leads.
Ok here is what I have done took the kill switch wires off and hooked together still got spark so not the switch then took carb off and unplugged wires coming from coil jumped the blue and black wires and spark stopped. When it's sparking in my opinion it's weak . Does the AT have anything to do with the spark? If not saw should of fired at wide open with carb off and AT unplugged correct?

I dont mean to bug you about this saw .I took it to dealer they said no Codes it's only has 32 hours on it and they can't get to it for 2 wks now that's too long . Do you think the coil could have a short internal and causing the kill switch not to work and have weak spark? What's your opinion on coils go with OEM our after market ?

Latest posts

Back