550xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCPT

Love my saws
Reaction score
I am looking at a used Husqvarna 550xp, seems like a good deal so I might get it. Are there any model years I should watch out for? It has a 2015 manufacturer's date on it. Thanks.

There was a bunch of them that had nylon bearing cages for the mains, I’ve heard of lots of problems with this. I really don’t know much more than that but if you look here

http://************/threads/profanity-nylon-caged-bearings.6025/

There seems to be a lot of information

Hi, just (re)joined the site after an absence of over a decade. I bought one of the first 550xpg-s on the market back some 6 years or so. I was amazed by the saw's acceleration! I thought it would be a superior limbing and slashing saw, but I soon encountered some issues: Finicky hot start (no need to elaborate as there are countless posts/threads on topic); kill switch/mechanism too easily (inadvertently) activated while slashing in thick brush; lean running, perhaps too lean. I sold the saw and soon afterward the buyer fried it. I suspect the buyer ran straight gas, but not sure. I loved the saw, otherwise, but I much prefer my 346xp (non-cat).

Latest posts

Back