555/562XP update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The log was tapered, but it was pretty close as long as the Stihl was on the thin end.......:msp_flapper:

The problem is that there are a lot of unknown factors in that game.......

Identical chains would be a start, and then 2 additional operators.

Who knows, maybe the 362 was running some dog terd dull Oregon BPX.

Looks promising for the 560, but unitll it spanks a 262 it's not impressive.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

it will be a very nice saw for the person who wants to only own one saw. but the problem with that is getting that person to spend close to $700 when there are some very good consumer grade saws available for a lot less.

if the spec'd weight is accurate, it only has at the most a 3/4lb advantage. not an insignificant difference, but not enought to pry money from my pocket. then again, i might sell a couple of the 262's, keep one, and buy a 562. if the weight specs are as accurate as they typically are, then the case for the 562 is even weaker for the 262 owners!!! it will be a saw that will definitely take sales from the 362 when the two are cross-shopped as the often are.

some folks checking out the 555

76581_464267581565_324049881565_6016265_3888737_n.jpg

it will be a very nice saw for the person who wants to only own one saw. but the problem with that is getting that person to spend close to $700 when there are some very good consumer grade saws available for a lot less.

if the spec'd weight is accurate, it only has at the most a 3/4lb advantage. not an insignificant difference, but not enought to pry money from my pocket. then again, i might sell a couple of the 262's, keep one, and buy a 562. if the weight specs are as accurate as they typically are, then the case for the 562 is even weaker for the 262 owners!!! it will be a saw that will definitely take sales from the 362 when the two are cross-shopped as the often are.

Yep!!

From our standpoint, having a 262 means ya don't need a new saw unless it is significantly lighter and faster.

From Huskys standpoint, they simply have to whoop on the Lard Butt 362 and match thier price in order to become attractive to the poor folks that don't have a 262.LOL!!

700 bucks is what I paid for my 372. It's gonna have to be a hell of a saw in order for me to drop the coin, or a good bit cheaper. I'll find another good 262 one of these days for a lot less.

Drop the weight down to within a smidge of the 346 though, and I'm all over it. LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Yes, basically! :cool2:

Back