56 Super tune-up specs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zgate

Reaction score
I just “inherited” a 56 super. It didn’t have a plug in it and was half seized up. I took it apart, got it moving freely, took the carb apart and cleaned it up, and put in a plug in that I had laying around. It runs ok but I have no idea what plug it really takes.

I don’t know much about these old saws, any info would be appreciated.

Bosch WSR6F.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
I was worried about that too, I haven’t looked at the cylinder/piston, but the compression is very good. I’ll pull the muffler and take a look. I figure if I can get the carb tuned and the right plug in it I’ll run it until it starts to lose compression and then rebuild it.

Start buying parts now. Not because a rebuild may be imminent or even down the road, but because you'll find a rewind on ebay for example, and then not see one for over a month. 056 is a fine saw, and even a fun saw, but man, parts are getting more pricey. There's a couple of good guys on ebay that sells parts, and my advice is to buy them before you'll think you need them, because you may not see it again for a while. Have fun with that saw. It's a beast, and beasts are fun saws! (Except for when you try to carry them around all day!)

Jeff

Keep your eyes open for parts. It helps to know people. I got a NOS 056 crankcase, both bearings, and the PTO seal for $40. I missed an Ebay auction for a new crankshaft that I think went for about $20.

Don't run it as is till it dies. That would be such a waste of a good saw.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back