562 help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRocket

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just bought this thing yesterday and I know you're supposed to run it for 3-5 minutes in a big log at 8K-12K to set the Auto tune.
My question is do you guys think it's safe to do that in August heat?
3 minutes is a long time full throttle buried in a log when it's 85/deg
I Thought i would try yesterday in a big Red Oak, but after about 60 seconds I was worried the saw would get too hot so i gave up.
What Ya Think?

The AT will come around whether you do that or not...
But you can, and it won't hurt a thing...
Last fall I noodled with one all afternoon and put 7 tanks of fuel through it in one session. It was damn near 100 degrees out...
So...
Do your worst...:rock:

The AT will come around whether you do that or not...
But you can, and it won't hurt a thing...
Last fall I noodled with one all afternoon and put 7 tanks of fuel through it in one session. It was damn near 100 degrees out...
So...
Do your worst...:rock:

Thanks I wondered if the Auto tune would eventually dial in if i didn't go through the 3-5 minute drill.
It runs awesome at full throttle, but the Auto tune is really searching at lower rpms.

Thanks I wondered if the Auto tune would eventually dial in if i didn't go through the 3-5 minute drill.
It runs awesome at full throttle, but the Auto tune is really searching at lower rpms.

Yeah... It'll sorta be all over the place for a little bit...
But it gets there, and you'll have a freaking light sabre...

I'm gonna play with it a little. then it's taking a trip to Tennessee :msp_biggrin:
I'd send it to dozerdan,Since he's only over the mountain from me, but he's playing with my Stihl 440 now and i'm gonna give him My Stihl 460 when he's done with the 440...So dan if you're listening...no offence...i've got more coming your way:msp_biggrin:
Besides, everyone should have at least one Mastermind sticker:chainsawguy:

I'm gonna play with it a little. then it's taking a trip to Tennessee :msp_biggrin:
I'd send it to dozerdan,Since he's only over the mountain from me, but he's playing with my Stihl 440 now and i'm gonna give him My Stihl 460 when he's done with the 440...So dan if you're listening...no offence...i've got more coming your way:msp_biggrin:
Besides, everyone should have at least one Mastermind sticker:chainsawguy:

He did a Hell of a job on my toaster.

I don't have a 562 but have a 545 and a 555.

I just did small cuts with them for a while. The 555 was used a little more and eventually came into shape on the small cuts.

I finally got roped into half dozen long noodle cuts with the 545 while out in the woods and it shaped up fine too.

I went through all the computer re-adjustments with both saws in the first cuts and lean low speed mixture on cold start ups but they eventually straightened themselves out on their own by just using them on whatever came up. I just use these for limbing with 16" bars. I have bigger saws for the bigger stuff.

I bought both saws slightly used but they had only made a few trial cant cuts. They were essentially new.

You can run it full bore with the bar buried like the instructions say 5-8 minutes making non stops cuts in a big log and let the auto tune calibrate, or don't and write a thread in a week saying "My 562XP doesn't run right".:jester:

Read the manual closely on hot/cold/warm starts too.

Latest posts

Back