562xp 32"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not rub that length on anything less than 90cc. I think a good 70cc would run a skip tooth chain 32 in a pinch. Where and what are you cutting whee you need a 32?

Lot's of variables come into play at that CC and length of bar. Wood, chain, oiling, etc.

Sure in a once in a great while with all perfect conditions and a sharp operator no problems. But to just plug and play there is no margin for error at 32".

I wouldn't run anything longer than a 24" B&C on my 372 unless it was skip chain. It pulls a 24" full comp chain buried in hardwood decently but it's at the edge of the powerband. I couldn't imagine running a 28"+ bar on a 60cc saw, even if it was narrow kerf.

Maybe as a landing saw for a knot bumper. Plenty of 60cc Husqvarnas and Dolmars have been run in the PNW with 24-32" K095's for this very purpose. Thin out the bar oil, crank the oiler all the way open, and run full skip.

For general bucking, nope, no way.

I run a 32" on my 395xp. It does alright.
I got a jonsered 2260 (562 engine, small mount bar) and I have a 16" bar on it for small softwoods. That is fast, I tell you what!

I can't believe a 562 would oil a 32" though. Let alone have the AV stand up to that kind of punishment.

Latest posts

Back