562xp First Run Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canton

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just received the 562xp I ordered and have a quick, or hopefully quick question about setting the autotune on first run. Most of what I've read so far instructs you to cut a thick log at full throttle for the first 3 to 5 min for the carb to adjust itself. This matches what I found in the manual I got online as well.

The manual that came with the saw (printed 10/19/2015) simply tells you that the saw will adjust itself after a few fuelings at normal running. High speed will be set during loaded running and idle is set when the saw idles for some time.

Any suggestions on which procedure i should follow or if it matters ?

Thanks.

My dealer told me to start it, let it hi idle 5min then cut full bar as hard as u can run it 5min. Good to go.

Sent from hoskvarna hills

Just received the 562xp I ordered and have a quick, or hopefully quick question about setting the autotune on first run. Most of what I've read so far instructs you to cut a thick log at full throttle for the first 3 to 5 min for the carb to adjust itself. This matches what I found in the manual I got online as well.

The manual that came with the saw (printed 10/19/2015) simply tells you that the saw will adjust itself after a few fuelings at normal running. High speed will be set during loaded running and idle is set when the saw idles for some time.

Any suggestions on which procedure i should follow or if it matters ?

Thanks.

If you were used to running box store saws, you no doubt are still wearing a smile after breaking in the 562.

I've been using my trusty Husqvarna 350 for the best 10 years or so. It certainly has some limitations when it comes to power, but she's treated me well. With the addition of the outdoor wood boiler I find myself cutting around 10+ cord a year and it seemed like a really good excuse to get a bigger saw. Haven't even unboxed it yet, but will be running next weekend. Can't wait.

Thanks.

No, didn't even run a saw. I was in the bobcat or toolcat, those things are sweet!!

Sent from hoskvarna hills

Back