562xp, just a rant.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntaholic

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not sure what the problem is, I will figure it out eventually, but Im getting tired of fooling with this thing! As some of you may remember, I got 4 562s over a year ago that were junkers from another logger that passed away. I built 3 of them back and I have been using one every day cutting timber with zero issues. The other 2 I built and gave to my son and a guy that works for me. Both of those have been plagued with issues. Im in the process right now of trying to fix the one I gave to an employee. First time around I bought a new oem cylinder and piston for it. It ran for a while but then the bottom end let go. It spun a bearing in the case so I bought a set of new oem cases for it, replaced the bearings and it ran for a while again. Now the connecting rod bearing is down so I bought a used 5 bolt case and crankshaft assembly off fleabay, a new meteor piston and put it all back together. Now the damn thing wont run hardly at all and keeps soaking the plug in oil. Im afraid the case is leaking oil from the chain reservoir into the crankcase. Im going to take it in I guess to have the carb and coil updated, but I don't THINK that's the issue because it ran fine 2 rebuilds prior to this time around. Ideas would be appreciated but Im afraid I know the answer already.

Im not sure what the problem is, I will figure it out eventually, but Im getting tired of fooling with this thing! As some of you may remember, I got 4 562s over a year ago that were junkers from another logger that passed away. I built 3 of them back and I have been using one every day cutting timber with zero issues. The other 2 I built and gave to my son and a guy that works for me. Both of those have been plagued with issues. Im in the process right now of trying to fix the one I gave to an employee. First time around I bought a new oem cylinder and piston for it. It ran for a while but then the bottom end let go. It spun a bearing in the case so I bought a set of new oem cases for it, replaced the bearings and it ran for a while again. Now the connecting rod bearing is down so I bought a used 5 bolt case and crankshaft assembly off fleabay, a new meteor piston and put it all back together. Now the damn thing wont run hardly at all and keeps soaking the plug in oil. Im afraid the case is leaking oil from the chain reservoir into the crankcase. Im going to take it in I guess to have the carb and coil updated, but I don't THINK that's the issue because it ran fine 2 rebuilds prior to this time around. Ideas would be appreciated but Im afraid I know the answer already.

There’s a reason a dealer will suggest you just buy a new saw, they are not all crooks as some would believe [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There’s a reason a dealer will suggest you just buy a new saw, they are not all crooks as some would believe [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The 562 and 550 are two saws I personally wouldn't wast my time rebuilding. Not saying it wouldn't be worth the experience, I just wouldn't bet on them being reliable, though the newest ones are pretty nice now.

The 562 and 550 are two saws I personally wouldn't wast my time rebuilding. Not saying it wouldn't be worth the experience, I just wouldn't bet on them being reliable, though the newest ones are pretty nice now.
Ive built 3 of them, only one has been a real problem child. Ive been using one of them to cut timber with since I built it and its cut well over 1.5 million ft of timber without a single hiccup.

Ive built 3 of them, only one has been a real problem child. Ive been using one of them to cut timber with since I built it and its cut well over 1.5 million ft of timber without a single hiccup.

In you first post you said.
I built 3 of them back and I have been using one every day cutting timber with zero issues. The other 2 I built and gave to my son and a guy that works for me. Both of those have been plagued with issues .
I'm glad the one worked out for you and has cut a lot of member, but I'm a bit confused by your response.[emoji111]

Latest posts

Back