562xp muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
20221021_234831.jpg20221016_101144.jpg20221016_101106.jpg20221011_205959.jpg20221023_154825.jpg

I enjoy making them. Ill go as far to cut mufflers in half gut weld em back together then install my spark tube.

I close factory port.not fond of dual port mufflers 2 strokes need to pulse through exhaust I think that becomes troublesome with multiple ports its like reducing the expansion chamber size.

Though that may not matter much at wide open throttle where saws like to run. But it might.

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
These mufflers don't pulse like an expansion changer exhaust. The shape, size, and distance of the forcing cones determine what rpm range tuned exhaust will work best in. Outlet placement can effect the pulse, but size is more important and can directly effect rpm range and response. There are plenty of side bleed tuned pipes out there, and a few twin outlet pipes that I've seen, although the outlets were right next to each other.
These can mufflers don't do much to help making power.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
I agree but they do pulse maybe not near like a tuned pipe but they do
Pipe placement on the can, length outside and inside the muffler does make a difference in how a saw runs. As well as number of ports and theyre locations on the can.

I have messed around with the heat gun trying to figure out best placement of outlet pipe but find most the time just gota make it fit where it fits and run it.

Then sometimes I think the factory port location must be the best because the factory has spent hundreds of hours on computer programs to figure it but then im like nope I think thats just where it fits. Idk

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
I agree but they do pulse maybe not near like a tuned pipe but they do
Pipe placement on the can, length outside and inside the muffler does make a difference in how a saw runs. As well as number of ports and theyre locations on the can.

I have messed around with the heat gun trying to figure out best placement of outlet pipe but find most the time just gota make it fit where it fits and run it.

Then sometimes I think the factory port location must be the best because the factory has spent hundreds of hours on computer programs to figure it but then im like nope I think thats just where it fits. Idk
Idk, of they put much thought into the outlets placement, the 400cm factory outlet has the paint burned off the case in 2 tanks of fuel.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
I cant get paint to stay on.
Chainsaws are only meant for right handed people thats what dictates muffler outlet location.