562xp new flippy caps!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you prefer Husky's new Flippy caps?

• YES

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • NO

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
I was at my local husky dealer yesterday. He had a few of the new flippy caps on the counter. I picked one up just to see if/how well it fit other saws. For $3.50 I figured it was worth the gamble. I'll try it on a few saws and post back.

Great looking saw, hope it runs real good for you. I love the flippy caps and have put a set on my 359. I think once people get over the cap that you put your scrench into and twist as hard as you can they will work out real well.

After kicking tires and hearing considerable feedback here (thanks very much to all), I just bought new 562xp (20" Techlite bar arriving later this week) and will take my chances on any lingering carb issues. My 346xp has been too good to me over the years to switch to anything but another Husqvarna now, even though I was tempted by the new ms362 c-m.

Here are some pics of the new flippy caps in case anyone hasn't seen them yet (first time uploading here so we'll see if this works).

My old Stihl's flippy caps that had high rims around them were gunk magnets, but these new Husky caps have maintained their same simple screw-in rimless approach - they look pretty good so far - time will tell.

View attachment 333034 View attachment 333035 View attachment 333033

Best of luck with your 562, I hear they are great saws. Did you ever weigh a 362 C-M? Just curious. I think the difference between the 2 saws mostly boils down to what you are comfortable with. I stuck with Stihl and you stuck with Husky, but I don't think either of us made the wrong decision.

Best of luck with your saw and tell us all about it.

MustangMike

Best of luck with your 562, I hear they are great saws. Did you ever weigh a 362 C-M? Just curious. I think the difference between the 2 saws mostly boils down to what you are comfortable with. I stuck with Stihl and you stuck with Husky, but I don't think either of us made the wrong decision.
Best of luck with your saw and tell us all about it.
MustangMike

Thanks MustangMike .... to be honest, contrary to what he initially told me, my dealer's latest saw palettes only included more ms362 carb models, he didn't get any 362 c-m's in, so I didn't get a chance to handle or weigh your new Stihl. I assume the Cdn warehouse hadn't cleaned out the less popular carb 362 versions from stock yet. If he had brought your new saw in like he said he was, I just might be posting different pics here :cool:.

This dealer now has quite a few reg carb 362's still in stock so it may be a while before he finally gets your c-m version. I'll check back with him in the Spring cause I'd still like to get my hands on the 362 c-m. There is a quality feel to Stihl saws that I like, and I'm pretty sure the new slimmer and improved 362 c-m is a sweet saw. If I get the opportunity to weigh our Cdn version, I'll definitely post that for you.

Yep - I've caught the disease - if I end up liking your 362 c-m, I may just have to sell something and get one as well :D I'll be cutting so much wood soon, my dusty Bowflex may hit Craigslist.

Traded my old 562XP for a G model today.

169hhqe.jpg

2mwzcly.jpg

Sweet, ya finally did it Mountanhigh. Having the PH only & waiting on the bar sounds like a bit of torture though, hopefully you'll have it soon. I like the flippycaps on mine.
Just in case, don't forget to release the brake before putting that bar on when ya get it. Then get out there & rip some chips!

Sweet, ya finally did it Mountanhigh. Having the PH only & waiting on the bar sounds like a bit of torture though, hopefully you'll have it soon. I like the flippycaps on mine.
Just in case, don't forget to release the brake before putting that bar on when ya get it. Then get out there & rip some chips!

ya ... the dealer said I take longer to buy a saw than he does to buy a new car, I said good things come to those who wait, the deal got sweeter as time went on ;)

PH has been sitting here in the living room all week ... nicer to watch than the TV :D but I'm getting the itch for sure.

Bar should be in tomorrow ! Thanks for the brake/off reminder.

ya ... the dealer said I take longer to buy a saw than he does to buy a new car, I said good things come to those who wait, the deal got sweeter as time went on ;)

PH has been sitting here in the living room all week ... nicer to watch than the TV :D but I'm getting the itch for sure.

Bar should be in tomorrow ! Thanks for the brake/off reminder.

Hey, we are waiting for a full report! I hear those saws are awesome, and Super Awesome when ported! Hey, if I caught the bug, so can you.

I might sound way out of line with this, but the techlite bar is just sexy on that saw. Makes me wanna buy that same combo!

The Techlite are nice bars, but after putting it on the saw I came to the conclusion the whole concept of the Techlite bars becomes much more significant on longer bars. On the 20" you don't save that much weight. I've got a 16 & 18" small mount and 20" large mount Total bars coming. Should be in any day.

very odd .... I posted 2 times on this thread today/Sunday ... there was a page 3 last time I looked - some posts disappeared here and there was nothing offensive - must be a glitch??? Before I try to remember to re-post what has disappeared, i'll leave it alone till Monday and see if the posts come back again.

gremlins in the software

very odd .... I posted 2 times on this thread today/Sunday ... there was a page 3 last time I looked - some posts disappeared here and there was nothing offensive - must be a glitch??? Before I try to remember to re-post what has disappeared, i'll leave it alone till Monday and see if the posts come back again.

gremlins in the software

Far too many of them lately. For a while a week or so ago, I could not even access the site.

ok .... quick, before this post also hits the bit-bucket .... :confused:

Here's my recollection/summary of POSTS that went missing Sunday:

~ My saw Bar still hasn't come in so I spent weekend scouting out next Wood Cutting Attack Plan - found few good spots just above current snow line for spring harvest of Maple and Doug Fir. Hope my dealer didn't order my Techlite direct from Sweden !

~ Someone thanked me for posting flippy cap pics - I 'liked' their post (remembering accolades is always so easy - lol)

~ I guessed about a .22lb gain on 20" techlite bar after someone (sunfish?) suggested they found the 555 with regular bar felt the same as 562xp with Techlite so they bought 562xp/techlite combo instead of 555. Husky claims 'up to 25% weight savings'

~ there were a few more posts about the Techlite - my conclusion is 562xp/techlite is prolly the sweet spot for power to weight ratio

~ Flippy Caps likes were at 12 and dislikes were at 6

Watch out for those software gremlins ;)

I could live with those kinds of flippys. Actually makes sense. I hate the Stihl flippys so much that I don't own an MS series saw that has them. (I do have them on my pole saw and a string trimmer) Fortunately the MS660 didn't get cursed by them. Thus all my line up saws are earlier versions of the Stihls. I know some people think they're great. I'm not one of those people. At least Husky stayed with the righty tighty, lefty loosey principals.

Same here. Every new saw I'll buy will be without Stihl flippy caps, no matter how good that saw will be. Sounds extreme , but I've had trouble with those every time I use those saws. I am done with them.

Same here. Every new saw I'll buy will be without Stihl flippy caps, no matter how good that saw will be. Sounds extreme , but I've had trouble with those every time I use those saws. I am done with them.

I don't know why she wears those flippy caps if they bother you so much, but I've never had trouble with the ones on my Stihl saws.

Latest posts

Back