562xp one ring oem?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Kidd

Where's Fish?
Reaction score
I was surprised to see only one piston ring on my 562xp. Is this perhaps saw specific or maybe a trend? The 576 has two, and I'm not sure of the 550?

Most stratos have one ring. 550 is the same.

A second ring only adds a little friction for no real good anyway. It is not uncommon to use only the upper ring on two ring pistons, when they have been taken apart. :msp_smile:

A second ring only adds a little friction for no real good anyway. It is not uncommon to use only the upper ring on two ring pistons, when they have been taken apart. :msp_smile:

Thin rings are just that, thin. 2 thin rings probably equal the thickness of one thick ring so I don't presume there would be more friction. As well, I would think using one thin ring is from necessity rather than being practical. Husqvarna produced high performance thin ring version chainsaws in the past with great success. Thin rings and piston assemblies on older saws are difficult to find now but are still very desirable. No disrespect intended.

Thin rings are just that, thin. 2 thin rings probably equal the thickness of one thick ring so I don't presume there would be more friction. As well, I would think using one thin ring is from necessity rather than being practical. Husqvarna produced high performance thin ring version chainsaws in the past with great success. Thin rings and piston assemblies on older saws are difficult to find now but are still very desirable. No disrespect intended.

They are not thin, single thick ring only.

Back