562xp or MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy a new 60cc saw Monday and i'm debating on the 562xp or MS 362?? Which would you choose and why. All my other saws are orange except my 200t and 201t but im not bias of one color or the other.

I still like the 362 pretty good myself. The 562 has a bit more power but I like the handling of the 362 better. I havent handled a 562 much though but I have ran them.

I'm not saying that the 362 is better at all, just that the 562 is'nt worth the extra 100+ bucks when all I'm getting is a 60cc saw. For the 562's price, I'm just going to grab a 372xp or a 441cm. The 562 is 809.00 at the local dealer here. I know they are cheaper some other places but I thought that was a harsh price. The 372xt sitting right under it was 849.00 :msp_sad:

I think the price on the last 362 I looked at was 679.00.

One guy I work with got a 362 about 3 months ago. Another fellow got a 555 last week (couple of tenths less hp than a 562). Just my opinion but the 555 is faster in the wood, handles well, and is lighter. Both saws have 20 inch bars. I would go with the 562.

The 562 is 809.00 at the local dealer here. I know they are cheaper some other places but I thought that was a harsh price. The 372xt sitting right under it was 849.00 :msp_sad:

I think the price on the last 362 I looked at was 679.00.

Dang Anthony, $809 is crazy! :msp_w00t:

Dealer here has em listed at $739...

I got my 562xp for $680 with a 20" tech-Lite bar and that is a $100 bar. :msp_wink:

Oh and the 562xp is a Fantastic saw!!!

Thanks for the replies guys, right now i have a 361 i've about worked to death so it looks like the 562xp is leading here, i see one in the classifieds for a muff modded 562 with a 20" bar and 4 chains for $625 and it says it only has about 10 hours on it i might jump on it.

562 all the way between those 2. They have been the most impressive stock saw I've ran.

Dang Anthony, $809 is crazy! :msp_w00t:

Dealer here has em listed at $739...

I got my 562xp for $680 with a 20" tech-Lite bar and that is a $100 bar. :msp_wink:

Oh and the 562xp is a Fantastic saw!!!

No sheit, right? :msp_angry:

This was at Abingdon Equipment, Mike knows where I'm talking about. I don't know why they have it priced so high.

If I could get one for 680 with a Techlite on it then I'd do that in a heartbeat. The 562 is the better saw if price is'nt a factor.

Another vote for the 562. 645$ with 18" bar and two chains. Smooth as heck! Russ

I heard they hide a ounce of gold on every piece of equipment. That's why it's so high there. I went in once and a 372 was $850 back when every where else was low $700.

How bad is your 361? I would consider freshening it up and getting it ported. You have a history with that saw and if you could spiff it up so it was strong like Bull I can only guess that it might become your "Baby" for a long time. This is coming from a guy who drinks the orange koolaid. Russ

There is a guy with a dealership 11 miles from me who will not budge from MSRP. He ended up throwing me out of his shop when I was looking for my 562xp. You can bet I have steered a lot of business his way since that...:msp_mellow: Russ

Last edited:
There is a guy with a dealership 11 miles from me who will not budge from MSRP. He ended up throwing me out of his shop when I was looking for my 562xp. You can bet I have steered a lot of business his way since that...:msp_mellow: Russ

Do tell!

There's a Husqvarna "authorized repair center" not far from me, about 10 miles, where everything is MSRP. The guy frequently 'accidently' writes up the invoices for the wrong price, he pulls prices from the computer, but handwrites the invoices :msp_thumbdn:. "Oh, I must have used the price for the clutch drum instead of the rim sprocket.," with no apology. And to make the shopping experience even more unpleasant he's also an arrogant a:censored:e.

If you've already got a 361, why not buy a new Meteor piston/rings and send it off to be ported. Mastermind, Ecopsey, Stumps, TLandrum, etc. would make that 361 a better runner than either a new 362 or 562. Plus, it would only cost you about $350 for the piston/rings, porting and shipping. Here is a link to a meteor piston kit for your 361:

Replacement Piston for Stihl MS361

Chris where I am in Maine I bet there are a dozen husky dealers within 75 miles of me. This guy is getting by selling to yuppies that want mostly lawn care stuff. I will never set foot in there again and advise anyone who will listen to stay away. I learned early on that service can be more important than than the product itself. Life is too short to give hard earned cash to prongs like that. Russ

Back