562xp production date

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sierradmax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently bought a 562xpg from Terry. Saw was delivered a month ago and I had to leave it in the box and go away for a business trip. I've since returned, open, assembled and noticed the last two numbers are 12, making this saw 2 years old. I'm not concerned about warranty purposes as I have the sales receipt but more-so about the carburetor issue plaguing the 562's. It probably won't happen on my saw but who knows. I heard that the new 562's are receiving new carb's to correct their issues. Assuming the one I have has been in the box since 2012/2013, it has the older carb... Anyway to check?

Someone posted the serial number cut off, I have had 3 or 4 2012 562xps, and I just got 562xpw in that is 2012. I looked and it has the el46 carb.

Are all el46 carbs bad or is there a serial number cut off where the el46carbs were updated?

Tlandrum just became a Husqvarna dealer this past Winter. The 562xp is a popular unit that I am sure he cycles through pretty quickly. .

I'm thinking the number starts with the year, then production week in that year, then unit number that week.

I too think the first 2 numbers are the year of production.

I just don't see Husq shipping Terry a truckload of old saws when he just acquired Husqvarna. Maybe i am wrong, and they shipped him all the old stuff in the warehouse?

Year isn't in the number. It's separate. The first 2 numbers is week and the rest is the unit produced that week.

I didn't have the saw in front of me when I wrote the original topic. 2012 is clearly on the tag.

In theory, if there is a recall or a TSB on an automobile on the dealers lot, the dealer would fix the issue. Would Husqvarna pull the older models still on the shelf and replace with newer carbs?

also your saw being an xpgw makes it a very slow moving or selling saw compared to others. it may have been built long ago and just now shipped out into service when I ordered it.

If I were you I would be happy, the 2 saws we have that are early are the ones with no problems. The last 4 or so, mine included have been the one with problems. Minor bog at the hit of the throttle all the way to hard starting and stalling. One of the early ones did loose a topend on a cold morning. Be happy and Terry will take of you I am sure if anything arises. CJ

Back