562xp Spark plug / Muf-mod Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraWoodsman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I wonder why the engineer's @ Husqvarna made the spark plug for this 562 different that most standard Chainsaw spark Plugs?
I usually like to keep a few extra spark plugs in the tool box...(just in case)
Typical would be either NGK-BPMR7A or Bosch-WSR6F, Those fit every saw in my Arsenal,
Until now that is. The new 562 calls for a NGK-CMR6H, a compleatly different size plug. Any ideas as to why this was done?
Also, Wondering if the 288xp Deflector will work as well for the 562 as it does for the 372/390 in a muffler mod.
Have any of you guys Muf-Modded the 562 yet? If so you comments on performance improvment and pics would be great.
Not sure how "choked-up" the muffler 562 is, But I want to get the most out of her as possible.

Look for that NGK CMR6H in all completely new saws from now on.

The standard for model airplane engines for the last 6 or 7 years has been the NGK CM6 Honda Generator plug but they run a shielded cap with a resistor inside the cap.

Muffler MOD

Just bought a 562 xp last week, and was wondering the same thing,pictures would help, Im new to this, but im hoping to get it to overpower an ms 290, and get all the power possible out of the autotune:help:

Just bought a 562 xp last week, and was wondering the same thing,pictures would help, Im new to this, but im hoping to get it to overpower an ms 290, and get all the power possible out of the autotune:help:

Welcome to AS.

Yes the MS290 is a great saw, but the 562 will knock it tits down in a heartbeat, without any modifications. If you touched it to wood you would have already noticed.

Different Plug really a "Non-Issue"

Your new 562 will have no problem handing the ms290 it's ass. :msp_wink: In fact mine is cutting neck and neck with my 372xp in all wood up to 24" go over 24" and the advantage goes to the 372.

You can call me a little old fashioned, but I'm Going to wait until my 562 is fully broke-in before performing the muffler mod, by that time I'm sure that quite a few guy's on this site
will have muffler modded and posted pics of it so @ that time we can go with the best design/performance. I have read on here that the Auto-Tune will readjust it self just fine in response to porting / muffler modding.

Ive got about 4 tanks thru my 562xp and it just continues to please. She's bone stock and Im always suprised at how she hangs with my stock 2171 with the 75cc top end in wood up to 24". IMO, this is the best saw on the market today. Just the perfect one saw do it all plan IMHO. So many good things to report about the 562xp. Easy to start, handles excellent, incredible power for 59cc! And as good as they are i could never see owning another 346xp. Those are some pretty strong statements but that's just my opinion on the 562xp.

Welcome to AS.

Yes the MS290 is a great saw, but the 562 will knock it tits down in a heartbeat, without any modifications. If you touched it to wood you would have already noticed.

:hmm3grin2orange: You know perfectly well that there are nothing great about the MS290 - you just are too polite to say it! :givebeer:

I see two possible reasons for the smaller plugs;

1) Less disturbence in the combustion chamber.

2) Takes up less space.

..but I have no idea if that actually is why they did it...:confused:

Ive got about 4 tanks thru my 562xp and it just continues to please. She's bone stock and Im always suprised at how she hangs with my stock 2171 with the 75cc top end in wood up to 24". IMO, this is the best saw on the market today. Just the perfect one saw do it all plan IMHO. So many good things to report about the 562xp. Easy to start, handles excellent, incredible power for 59cc! And as good as they are i could never see owning another 346xp. Those are some pretty strong statements but that's just my opinion on the 562xp.

As much as I like my 562xp, it will never, ever replace a 346xp for me. :msp_wink: :msp_biggrin:

I am very impressed with the 562xp though!

In my opinion the muffler mod on the 562 takes some welding. It has been done through the inlet and outlet but I am sure that was a real pain in the ass.

I cut out a "saddle" that contains the outlet.......gut the baffle......open the inlet and outlet...... then weld it back together. I also spin a popup piston and woods port the little sucker while I'm at it but that's another story. :)

The ms290 vs the 562xp is like bambi vs Godzilla. The 562xp has some amazing power for its size. Ran mine against my 372xp in a 36” oak log last weekend. Both saws were bone stock and with 20” bars, the 562 not only held its ground, it might have been a bit faster in several cuts. Don’t know why anyone would want or need to poke holes in its muffler. Who cares about the plug?? If the new 550xp or 543xp is an autotune, I am in.

Bambi vs Godzilla - YouTube

The ms290 thing has to be a joke, right? :confused:

As much as I like my 562xp, it will never, ever replace a 346xp for me. :msp_wink: :msp_biggrin:

Nah Don, Im just waiting for the 550xp to come out. I loved the 346xp I had. :clap:

Whoa Mac!...Easy on the 346... That's Borderline Blasphemy!

+1, but I can see his logic for the 1 saw plan.:taped:

I see two possible reasons for the smaller plugs;

1) Less disturbence in the combustion chamber.

2) Takes up less space.

..but I have no idea if that actually is why they did it...:confused:

That's pretty much it; the purpose of which is to prevent detonation.

Latest posts

Back