562XP starting problems fixed? Was it BAD OIL?!???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highly unlikely an oil issue, an overall fuel issue maybe. They're only a hand full of oil blenders around, it's likely the same exact oil husky uses. Does the oil have a performance quality classification like JASO FC or FD?

I have run my 562 on several differnet brands of fuel, with and without ethanol, and tried stihl, husky, woodsman pro, and schaeffer oils, never a problem. Several people who tried my saw did not understand the choke setting and accidentally choked it warm., not sayin you did that, but it has happened with my saw when people unfamiliar with the control tried the saw.

Working on semiload #5 with the 562 :msp_thumbup:

Premium saw, cheap ass oil...maybe I should try that with my 555...not!:angry: Come on it just makes more sense to run Husky oil in a Husky saw, for one thing if the saw ever does puke you can tell your dealer with a clear conscience that you have always run premium oil in your saw not some cheap ass crap from a big box store! My particular dealer likes Echo oil, for what ever reason, but I still prefer to run Husky .

Premium saw, cheap ass oil...maybe I should try that with my 555...not!:angry: Come on it just makes more sense to run Husky oil in a Husky saw, for one thing if the saw ever does puke you can tell your dealer with a clear conscience that you have always run premium oil in your saw not some cheap ass crap from a big box store! My particular dealer likes Echo oil, for what ever reason, but I still prefer to run Husky .

Echo does publish their oil rating, the Husky oils ive bought do not. Not saying it aint no good, it just doesnt say JASO FD or at least it didnt at one time

The oil is there as a lubricant so I don't see how it would cause the saw not to start when mixed in the proper ratio. I could see a problem if you mixed SAE 30 motor oil at 16:1 and fouled the plug, but in this case I do no see a correlation between your problem and the oil. As others have said, are you choking the saw when warm?

An oil problem would manifest itself in some other way than the saw just not starting.

The oil is there as a lubricant so I don't see how it would cause the saw not to start when mixed in the proper ratio.

I'm not suggesting that the oil failed to act as a lubricant.

I'm suggesting it has an additive which is reacting with the gas. Maybe they screwed up the formulation for the "stabilizer". The point is, it's certainly not JUST oil - says right on the label there is a stabilizer added.

This would also explain why there was always air pressure in the tank whenever I would open it. Come to think of it, my gas can would swell up when it had this mix in it (which I thought was just the heat).

I'm going to do an experiment to see if it is really off-gassing. I will put each mix in a bottle with a balloon on top. I am very convinced that this oil is defective because now that I switched to Stihl oil, my saw is running exactly like it's supposed to.

I have run my 562 on several differnet brands of fuel, with and without ethanol, and tried stihl, husky, woodsman pro, and schaeffer oils, never a problem. Several people who tried my saw did not understand the choke setting and accidentally choked it warm., not sayin you did that, but it has happened with my saw when people unfamiliar with the control tried the saw.

Working on semiload #5 with the 562 :msp_thumbup:

There also was a "copy/paste error" in the first edition of the user manual, so it actually told you to choke it for warm starts.....:msp_scared:

There also was a "copy/paste error" in the first edition of the user manual, so it actually told you to choke it for warm starts.....:msp_scared:

yea, guess i never read those anyway- this will ensure that habbit continues :msp_wink:

- if i miss something important I will find out on here :msp_thumbsup:

Back