562xp. Two questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeromeco

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I needed a bigger saw last year for some blowdowns on my driveway and my local guy had one. It came with a 28 inch bar and a wrap handle.

28 is more than I need almost ever need and I am not real happy with the way it carrys. Does a 20 hang more level?
And also, if I was to get a a standard flush handle for it do I need a different clutch cover or anything?

Yes, the shorter the guide bar, the less "bar heavy" it will be.

Can't speak for the clutch cover... Pics?

Ahh. Thanks guys. I found an old thread that had some pictures of 562s hanging with different length bars.

Bailey's has either a 20" Sugihara lightweight or a 22" Woodland (for half as much). .375/.050

I read that Sugiharas are nice but are they twice as nice? I have been running .325/.050 RS on my 55 and it's hard to find in premade loops. Is .375/.050 for a 22" fairly common?

20170204_141942_Burst01_resized.jpg the sugi bars are about the best you can get however if buying I would ck out www.woodcuttersgaragellc jacks great guy to deal with ;)I have the 2160 redheaded version and run the sugi 20 3/8x 50 yes almost forgot nate @ford150 also has a very good deal on themand or the total bar (if in stock) and also a very good guy to deal with ......... hl supply and weedeaterman also carry the sugi bars......... bailey's and hl supply's price on shipping is sometimes a dealer killer

Wow I had a ms362, I cant image running a 28" on it....never ran a 562, heard they are a great saw,

I cut hardwoods, and that saw should be right at home and cut great with a 20"!!!

562 will pull a 28 ! And in hardwoods.mine mostly wears a 20.the 562 and ms362 both are animals in the 60cc class

Ahh. Thanks guys. I found an old thread that had some pictures of 562s hanging with different length bars.

Bailey's has either a 20" Sugihara lightweight or a 22" Woodland (for half as much). .375/.050

I read that Sugiharas are nice but are they twice as nice? I have been running .325/.050 RS on my 55 and it's hard to find in premade loops. Is .375/.050 for a 22" fairly common?
Depends on the amount of cutting you or the owner is going to do If in constant use Sugi or up market bar is the way to go, cutting weekends is more how deep are your pockets.

Latest posts

Back