562xpg / 562xp durability / ordered!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Kinda a double post, I just ordered a 562XPG with a 20" techlite and a XP with a standard 20" on it for my buddie. With that being said a good friend who ownes a logging business had a 562 fail on them. This saw was one of the first ones out and it has been doing great for almost a year, estimated around 500+ hours. It was his cutters primary saw and he loves it so it got used hard. It was a very cold morning and it just lost compression. Have not had a chance to talk to him yet to see if it was warmed up good or what but to me that run on a new designed saw is impressive. New topend and he is back in business. They basicially run whatever smokeless oil the parts store has just like we did for years so that was Huskys determination for the failure. The store where we buy saws took care of it so kudos to them, as I have said before they are great to deal with. Just curious any other failures that are CONFIRMED not your brothers sisters mothers 3rd friend, ya know what I mean. CJ

Well I don't know much about the durability of the 562, but it sure sounds like someone burnt up a nice saw with bad fuel mix.

Possible, but remember at least 2 other saws are run off of the same 5 gallons of mix with no issues. My guess is maybe a little water in the fuel and the cold temps made it go lean for a bit and the "lesser" quality oil did not protect as well? CJ

I have a year of use on mine, but not a ton of hours.

No problems at all, just a fantastic saw!

That 20" Techlite makes a hell of a combo! Very Nice!

Youd have to look at the piston and cylinder close to see evidence of the cause of failure, Maybe look real close at the ring and measure it, plus have run pressure and vacuum tests.

plenty of fulltime loggers around here are used to 6 months service on a 440 or 372, so that in itself does not say much for the 562, that being said i am a fan of the 562

I have two 562 the first was purchased in april and the second in September. Today the PTO bearing went out on the one I bought in September. It was the first major problem I had with the 562's. Went to the dealer and they called Husqvarna and got authorization to give me a new saw. So I am happy about the situation. The tech said the have been getting a lot of the 562's in with pto bearing failures. He showed me the bearing and said the cage was made of plastic in the earlier ones 2011 and that they would wear out/over heat and fail. Both of my 562's have a lot of hours we use them 5 days a week logging. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, great little saws. Used commercial like we do I don't expect more then a year out of any make or model saw I buy.

Youd have to look at the piston and cylinder close to see evidence of the cause of failure, Maybe look real close at the ring and measure it, plus have run pressure and vacuum tests.

I would love to look at the piston/cylinder but that is not possible. the saw has been running for 3 weeks with no problems so my guess was fuel. CJ

I have two 562 the first was purchased in april and the second in September. Today the PTO bearing went out on the one I bought in September. It was the first major problem I had with the 562's. Went to the dealer and they called Husqvarna and got authorization to give me a new saw. So I am happy about the situation. The tech said the have been getting a lot of the 562's in with pto bearing failures. He showed me the bearing and said the cage was made of plastic in the earlier ones 2011 and that they would wear out/over heat and fail. Both of my 562's have a lot of hours we use them 5 days a week logging. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, great little saws. Used commercial like we do I don't expect more then a year out of any make or model saw I buy.

That was all we ever ran our saws for was 1 season also. We pushed a 272 and a 372 [if I remember correctly] to 2 years. They still ran but were very loose feeling if you know what I mean! 1 year of 4-5 tanks of fuel a day is alot of cutting for a saw. We always ran 2, 1 saw was on the equipment for the ride out to get sharpened and fueled while the other was being used. Where are you at, I see we are close. Who are you cutting for? CJ

plenty of fulltime loggers around here are used to 6 months service on a 440 or 372, so that in itself does not say much for the 562, that being said i am a fan of the 562

??? I guess I don't understand, are you saying you don't expect them to last past 6 months? The one that failed on my buddie had just short of a year on it. CJ

CJ I am from Gladwin. I'm self employed "Ridge Line Logging" I bought the equipment last year to get started. We try to stay in grade/veneer wood that's has to be hand cut, that's about the only way a chainsaw crew can survive around here anymore. Headed to midland next week to a nice oak cut. Where are you from? Who did you cut for?

??? I guess I don't understand, are you saying you don't expect them to last past 6 months? The one that failed on my buddie had just short of a year on it. CJ

I think cutting fulltime that would be a successful purchase on any new saw

CJ I am from Gladwin. I'm self employed "Ridge Line Logging" I bought the equipment last year to get started. We try to stay in grade/veneer wood that's has to be hand cut, that's about the only way a chainsaw crew can survive around here anymore. Headed to midland next week to a nice oak cut. Where are you from? Who did you cut for?

I am in Kalkaska, I have cut for Lynn Forstner for 2 years when I first started then Leroy Dimon working through Blake forrest products for 3-4 years. Now I only cut maybe 100 cord of firewood and a few large tree removal jobs a year. I am waiting for some of the snow to leave to do a property clearing in a few weeks [I hope]. CJ

Latest posts

Back