570 Muffler Mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samsonwannabe

Reaction score
Just modified the muff on my 570 and noticed a huge increase in power also rpm increase. What should I look at setting the rpm to? It is at 12500. Factory says 9600. Any help would be great. Thank you.

You want to tune the saw to how it runs, not to a certain RPM. You will need to richen it up so you don't burn it up, but how much you need to go will depend on the saw and the extent of the modification. You're into a realm now where you need to listen and feel what the saw is doing, not just numbers. Limiter caps will need to be modified to complete the tuning.

The factory speed of 9600rpm is where you're saw was designed to make max HP, it is not the max speed of the saw. When you're cutting, the saw will be in this RPM range, which is why they want max power here, and not a higher RPM. You will have moved your powerband higher, so you'll be cutting at a higher RPM now.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. I have been happy with the saw in the past but thought I would try this and see how it worked. It is pretty amazing.

Latest posts

Back